all motor gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

Hi, I just got my 99' GSR and I wanted to know some parts I should get to make my car faster N/A. I have about $3500 to spend. Can some of you guys please recomend and list some parts I should get to get my car running reliable and fast.

intake, header, cat back exhaust, skunk2 stage2 cams, skunk2 springs/retainers, skunk2 cam gears, skunk2 intake mani that should eat up most of your budget :)

I would put in a nice jdm ITR tranny and then sell yours. IceBox, (smsp header, hytech, toda 2.5collector, Headertech), exhaust really anything 2.5 mandrel will do. Convert to odb1, vafc/hondata, Rcams with springs will be nice also, and skunk2 intake manny paired with toda/jun flywheel, some type of nuttier clutch and some like ass 14 inch rims. Have fun.

Milan

They pretty much covered everything man. Cheap = I/H/E, get good 4-1 header with 2.5" collector. good 2.5" exhaust, and good cold air intake. then if u stil crave more power, get a lighter flywheel with a good clutch and pressure plate, and a good set of cams springs and retainers. after that, a small shot.

I have a 96 GSR with dc sports ceramic header, apexi vafc, greddy sp exhaust, skunk 2 valve springs/retainers, jimfab polyuretane motor mounts, 9.5 lb flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and skunk 2 stage 2 cams waiting instalation hopefuly when the cams get put in its fast enough for a little while but for those i am waiting on cam gears

when u get those cams installed in ur car it will prob be a good idea to set vtec any where between 5900-6400 because at stock vtec gsr 4400 they will bog way the f-- out just a little tip of cours of course dyno tuning only real way to verify

Originally posted by omega11855@Aug 22 2003, 10:10 AM
when u get those cams installed in ur car it will prob be a good idea to set vtec any where between 5900-6400 because at stock vtec gsr 4400 they will bog way the f-- out just a little tip of cours of course dyno tuning only real way to verify

wtf? thats the oddest thing i've ever heard since i been in the scene and since i've been running the all motor class...

most of us in the all motor class set our VTEC to hit at about 5400-5700... not as high as 5900 or even close to 6400... whoa, everyone and i mean everyone i PERSONALLY KNOW is havin VTEC kick in at about 5500 or 5600

nice numbers, but it does look like you need to lower your vtec point, look at how high it jumps where it kicks in, it should be a smooth transition. best thing to do is first set vtec eng. high, do a run, set vtec low,do a run, where the torque curves cross, that is where you should set your vtec.
[edit] now that i'm looking at it in more detail, it looks like you do switch right where tq starts to fall on the primary lobe, guess with those cams primary lobe is like stock vtec cams and vtec lobe is pretty wild.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 22 2003, 01:53 PM
nice numbers, but it does look like you need to lower your vtec point, look at how high it jumps where it kicks in, it should be a smooth transition. best thing to do is first set vtec eng. high, do a run, set vtec low,do a run, where the torque curves cross, that is where you should set your vtec.
[edit] now that i'm looking at it in more detail, it looks like you do switch right where tq starts to fall on the primary lobe, guess with those cams primary lobe is like stock vtec cams and vtec lobe is pretty wild.

i dunno but where i see the VTEC engage from Jeff's dyno it looks like he's losing torque AFTER VTEC has already engaged... but im not definite. Jeff is a damn good tuner dont get me wrong... but how many cars have i seen of his running a pro series all motor class??? hmmmm not many.

he builds AWESOME FUCKIN STREET CARS... but i havent seen too many in all motor class pushin the IB name.

this is MY PERSONAL DYNO SHEET... vtec engage is pretty damned smooth in my civic, and everyone i personally know in the AM Class has their VTEC set on average of 5200-5400 rpm

and omega11855 i sensed a lil bit of attitude in your last post of

omega11855 Posted on Aug 22 2003, 11:41 AM
[img ]Dyno SHEET TO LOOK AT[/img ]
I guess not everyone

if you read i typed everyone I KNOW PERSONALLY... i didnt say EVERYONE PERIOD

B)

me like ur old b16 not trying to hi jack but real quick got a new car yet
as for the all motor gsr look at as many dyno sheets as u can and then see what u think wil work for u

Back