All Motor H !!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldrims

QUICK QUESTION GUYS, I JUST PURCHASED MY H22a swap , just wanted to know from you lude guys, the best options and mods to get to make 200-220 WHP?

um boost :rolleyes:

or spray....

cus the H22 is rated at 220.... but puts down right around 170ish to the ground....

not all of them are 220,,but anyhow cams,header,exhaust,intake,intake mani,tb,just all the bolt ons will get you there if not more

not all of them are 220,,but anyhow cams,header,exhaust,intake,intake mani,tb,just all the bolt ons will get you there if not more

true....so i did some quick research and found:

99+ USA BB6 H22A 2157 10.0:1 200hp@7000/156lb
5G 97-98 USA BB6 H22A1 2157 10.0:1 195hp@7000/156lb
5G 97+ SiR JAPAN BB H22A 2157 10.6:1 200hp@6800/161lb
5G 97+ Type S JAPAN BB H22A 2157 11.0:1 220hp@7200/163lb
4G 92-96 S USA BB F22A1 2158 8.8:1 135hp@5200/142lb
4G 94-96 VTEC USA BB1 H22A1 2156 10.0:1 190hp@6800/158lb

so i guess it all depends on what gen/model he got the engine from......

anywho after re-reading his first post (more like the title) but if you want 220 NA

but here is some things that will help you along......

RMF header
2 3/4" exhaust
Type S pistons
Skunk2 Pro 2 cams
Skunk2 valvetrain
P&P head
ported intake manifold/euro R
ferrera flat valves (OEM SIZE)
70mm TB
custom CAI with velocity stack
tuned on P28/S300
LSD clutch
ACT streetlite flywheel

thanks guys, kinda switching subject, but say i wanted to go turbo, on stock internals, how much hp would the h22a be able to handle safley for daily driving

thanks guys, kinda switching subject, but say i wanted to go turbo, on stock internals, how much hp would the h22a be able to handle safley for daily driving

I'd stay on the conservative side with boost on a stock H22. The open deck design combined with the FRM (light weight but not terribly strong) sleeves doesn't really lend itself to massive amounts of boost. You could possibly see 300 horses with a really, really, good tune, but I'd stick to pretty low boost unless you plan on having the block re-sleeved.

If AJ's can get 300 hp out of a n/a F22C and the H22 has the same bore/stroke, I can't see a problem getting 220 to the ground, with enough $$ thrown at it.
By-the-way the F22C has 237hp from the factory

Last edited:
I totally agree the h22 motor should be able to push 200-220 horses pretty easily. cai, headers, exhaust, port and pollish, intake manifold, chip ecu and you are probably at 200 if not a little more.

If AJ's can get 300 hp out of a n/a F22C and the H22 has the same bore/stroke, I can't see a problem getting 220 to the ground, with enough $$ thrown at it.
By-the-way the F22C has 237hp from the factory
I'm pretty sure F series sleeves are different/stronger so that doesnt really apply.

I'm pretty sure F series sleeves are different/stronger so that doesnt really apply.

I believe you're correct. I know the Accord F22 blocks have iron sleeves at least. I'd assume the S2K motor is pretty decently put together from the factory as well.

I totally agree the h22 motor should be able to push 200-220 horses pretty easily. cai, headers, exhaust, port and pollish, intake manifold, chip ecu and you are probably at 200 if not a little more.

He asked how much power would be safe on a boosted H22, not an N/A motor. And I guess 200-220 horses is possible with the mods you listed, but I've also seen similarly-equipped H22s that didn't quite make it to 200. I guess it depends on the quality of the build, parts, and tuning.

like the responses guys, also any more suggestion welcome, same engine, tranny issue, i have the h22a but it has no gearbox, if drag racing is my main drive, which tranny would you guys use.

like the responses guys, also any more suggestion welcome, same engine, tranny issue, i have the h22a but it has no gearbox, if drag racing is my main drive, which tranny would you guys use.

What chassis are you putting it into? If it's an Accord/Prelude, then the H22 tranny is probably your best option. The JDM version with the factory LSD would be a plus, but they're a little pricier and harder to find.

If it's going into a Civic/Integra, then I'd look into the H2B kit. That way you can run a B16 or Type R transmission, which have closer gear ratios. I doubt the H2B would work into an Accord or Prelude (due to the mounts and axles), so that's why I didn't suggest it for those applications.

The F22C is a stroked F20C the same FRM sleeves, besides he asked if he could see 220 ponies out of it. It stands to reason that 237 N/A is more than 220 in any form, he should be able to do it with a hairdryer on minimum boost and the right parts.
If he uses cams, rods, and crank at near specs, he could use the ecu from the S2000 to achieve his target without doing a bunch of tuning or major fab work to make it safe for any use.

iam putting it in a teg, but thanks guys, dont want to go off topic to much cause i know we are in the lude section, but what would you guys pick b16 tranny or the b18c1 gsr tranny with the h2b kit.

also what do you guys know about these tranny making the h spin bearings.

I haven't heard any problems.. the guy previously running mine never had that problem.

axles would probably be a pain though.

not to back track or anything, but right now i am in the process of boosting my stock h22a in my 92 lude si 5spd conversion n swapped....anyway ive been told you can pull around 285-315whp with the right tune and a few bolt ons, like cam gears, cams, clutch, exhaust, etc.... and like everyone else if you do that you need a P28 chipped n tuned, or a p72 chipped and tuned....ill let ya know how it goes so far so good, but like they all say too, cant run too much boost so im shooting for 8psi for daily driving, it seems suitable and alright, but if you want high boost, then your looking around $4000-$12000 in just motor work n parts n labor....so its up to you man, but i thought i'd throw my two sense in...haha

Last edited:
iam putting it in a teg, but thanks guys, dont want to go off topic to much cause i know we are in the lude section, but what would you guys pick b16 tranny or the b18c1 gsr tranny with the h2b kit.

The B16 tranny is going to have the shorter gears out of the two.

Back