1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all motor integra type R

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by darksideracing, Nov 11, 2003.

1. darksideracing

darksideracing Junior Member

My friend has a Integra type R, and he is trying to build it into a all motor street killer. He is trying to tell me that he can get around 220 whp/170 torque and that it will be good enough for low 12's. I thought this was a little optimistic and told him that he would be lucky with low 13's. So what do you guys think about this. He was planning on getting a spoon header, exhaust, new head, stroker kit, Hondata management, lighter rims and a few other things. Please let me know who is right.

2. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

well, i'd say with 220 whp and 170lbs he might be capable of high 12's if he is luckey. I know a guy with a boosted CrVtec motor who runs 12.5 with Naws. Now that car is pushin way more than 220 whp.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

220/170 is achievable, especially if he increases the stroke. 12.5 is all up to driving...

4. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

indeed, the ITR is already lightened significantly. Pretty much anything over 200 is good for 12s with the right driver and weight.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

my buddy just did it and he blew a lot of money (3 motors) trying to get his hype R to run quick NA.

If it's times your looking for go with a better weight to power ratio, such as a light CX model EG.

6. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

ok if your 'friend' has a boosted b20/vtec and is spraying of course its going to make more that 220whp.. but this kid is talking about all motor power... there is a big difference! :bash:

7. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

i know, i was just trying to alude to the fact that it will take some work to get the type R to run 12's all motor - i know it is possible and i wasnt trying to discourage him - just trying to show it will take a lot of power to get into the 12's, thats all.

8. ek9r

ek9r Senior Member

12's in a itr all motor will take more than header, exhaust,hondata, and a head. tell him to invest in a good set of slicks. stroker kits IMO are overrated. bore, sleeve, 12.5:1 CR, toda C's, and he may hit 12's with some practice.

9. EGVortechGSR

EGVortechGSR Member

All I want to know is how deep are his pockets, he could no doubt pull 12's all motor, but to stay streetable he will have to put his car on a diet. It would be hard to maintain streetability( pump gas, dot aproved tires, ect...) and run 12's with a car of that weight. 13's sure, all day, maybe 12's in race trim.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted