all motor lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if i get my b16 bored out to be 2.0 and resleeve it what internals will i use in the block. should i use the b16 iternals and just change the pistons of what? :unsure:

you can't bore a B16 to be 2.0L you would have to stroke it also

Originally posted by arpee79@Oct 9 2003, 05:18 PM
DONT you resleeve the block first then BORe It. limit on stock b16 cylinder bore is 81.50 RIGHT?

:yes:

Originally posted by possessedimports@Oct 9 2003, 08:55 PM
ok cool
how much to just sleeve the block?

It depends on who you go to... sometimes as little as $500, sometimes triple that. Golden Eagle will typically sleeve/bore a Honda block for about $800-900.

i have time to worry about that. now, i am doing the lsvtec now because i had a race with a 95 ls integra it has exaust and aem intake and i have a 91 integra with a jdm b16 sir trans and the chiped ecu and in first gear he pulled on me a little but when it was time to change my car creeped up in 1st when i shift it was over for the ls i had him by two cars shift to third four cars. but i dont like what happened i first gear so i am getting a ls block ctr pistons using my head off of my b16 putting ctr cams springs and retainers and use my sir trans. but the block has 200000 miles on it what should i do.

ive got it i am going to change the rod bearings and main bearings ctr pistons and get arp head bolts but who much the bearings will cost and where can i get the head bolts from and what do i get the bolts for the head or the block?

i called this place that does NASCAR motors, so they know what they are doin def. they are called R.P.M. in VT, they are defintly experts, they cost $750 for just sleavin, my boy is shipin his block ova to CA to get it done for $1000, i dono why he isnt goin to R.P.M. im doin LS/VTEC and gettin my GSR head Milled at R.P.M. and they are also doing all the modifications to the head and block for the LS/VTEC. and it wont be over $200

a good sleve set will run you 250 a piece. yea thats 1000 bones jsut for the Sleves, then you have to mill the block and set it up for the sleaves. My Buddy is going Undercover(on a GSR) and its costing him 4 grand to build a Bulletproof B18C1 (2.0L) that he is going to later supercharge. the place thats doing it is carging 1150 total just to sleave it. yea thats 1000 for the sleaves and 150 for the machine work. he is going to teflon coat everything(excellent idea), Etrude hone everything(same as P&P only lasts longer), the interworkings will all be ITR (pistions,Wrist pins,crank, Conn Rods, valves, Cams, and head) he already has a ITR Lightened flywheel on his LS motor, with a 3 puck Clutch and a ITR Tranny thats Frankenstiened to have the LS 5th Gear(fuel economy Yo!)

I cant wait to see the car Fly when its done. even though he is gay as a 3 dollar bill... hell when he kills himself in the car, i'll be happy to pull the motor and drop it in my Sol :p

Why not just get a GSR block, so you won't have to worry about all the problems that could come from building an LS/vtec (drilling oil lines in the block...) Plus, you'll have the added displacement you want, then bore it to 2.0+.

Originally posted by scottp11@Oct 19 2003, 10:02 AM
Why not just get a GSR block, so you won't have to worry about all the problems that could come from building an LS/vtec (drilling oil lines in the block...) Plus, you'll have the added displacement you want, then bore it to 2.0+.

so explain to me how u drill oil lines in the block.......i am planning to build one...and i need more info.

:D

Back