all motor or turbo or super

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chb504

hi i am planning on a project and already decided to go wit a b18c swap in a 93 hatch i'm gettin from my dad's friend. I am decidin weather to go all motor, turbo or supercharger now..... i live in louisiana and it gets hot and humid and pretty much stays like that all year around ( people in FL have it worse maybe ) anyway i was just wanderin about your suggestions. i'm only 17 but i pull in about 800 a month cuttin grass and workin at the airport..... THe car is goni to be used for street and i'm gunna run it on the strip a few times and i want to run it on a road track ( auto-x etc.) thanks a lot for readin this and any input u have to give me

b18c as in a gsr? well if yes, then i suggest turbo. All in all, turbos are the best way to make any car fast. a turbo gsr hatch will quite a force to be reckoned with.

Bang for buck = turbo kit and all the other essential elements to make it run properly and for a while

My personal choice, all motor

see, like milan said, going turbo will be the best bang for the buck, but you'll get the most respect if you go all motor...a 12 second turbo hatch: almost normal nowadays...12 second all motor hatch: impressive.

dont wast the cash on the b18c to go turbo you want lower comp internals so you would be getting rid of the r internals

If its more autox than drag and street, id go all motor. However, if you're a stop light warrior or like to go in straight lines alot, turbo would be you're best bet. With the kind of income youre pulling, within a year you should have a fairly fast car.. 12s i dare say? thats if youre dedicated.

yeah, my dad's really pushin me to al motor and it's very tempting just to get a bolt on turbo kit but he said in the long run all motor is a lot better. I read that the c5 is better to get when goin all motor. is that try and why? :blink:

the c5 is better all motor because it already comes built for you. It is an all motor race prep engine, all you have to do pretty much is unleash it. It is less desireable for turbo because of the extremely high compression, which makes tuning turbo a biatch. Not to mention the cams etc which are made to be all motor.

if i do get the c5 and go all motor how do i "unleash the power" because what i heard is the c5 comes with a lot of forged parts and the cams are fairly aggressive. can i still get better cams and pistons etc. i know this might sound dumb, but i really don't know a lot about building an all motor car. thanks alot and any pointers and tips you can give, i'll be very appriciative.

thanks
danny

I'm more of a forced induction guy myself, I don't know a whole shitload about all motor builds. Someone around here who does will tell you. I think JDMilan and b16 know quite a bit about it.

I say turbo with B18c over LS for two reasons, you have vtec for one, and you have a better gearing tranny. LS is good if you plan on keepiing the boost level stock as in 7-9psi. If you plan to build interannly GSR owns JoO period.

And all motor is lovin it..............lol

Milan

i talked to my dad about it and we decided to go turbo. i think i'm gunna buy the b18c and wait to swap it until i get the pistons and rods and sleeves in that i'm gunna get. i'm think about gettin crower rods and je pistons (9.0:1) and gettin the drag turbo kit stage 5... i'm gettin the turbo spec crower cams and titanium valves and retainers and darton sleeves... anyone know of another good sleeve company. this is gunna take me about 3 years to put together cuz of the money ehhh. so me and my dad decided to keep the b18c out and in the garage until i'm finished puttin in all parts, and just drive around wit the stock d16. oh yeah i got the hatchback it's a 93 civic si 5spd i'm happy :) i'm just goin to put aem CAI, apexi n1 cat back, and dc stainless steel headers. oh what's the differance between 4-1 and 4-2-1?

Originally posted by chb504@Jul 1 2003, 12:43 AM
i talked to my dad about it and we decided to go turbo. i think i'm gunna buy the b18c and wait to swap it until i get the pistons and rods and sleeves in that i'm gunna get. i'm think about gettin crower rods and je pistons (9.0:1) and gettin the drag turbo kit stage 5... i'm gettin the turbo spec crower cams and titanium valves and retainers and darton sleeves... anyone know of another good sleeve company. this is gunna take me about 3 years to put together cuz of the money ehhh. so me and my dad decided to keep the b18c out and in the garage until i'm finished puttin in all parts, and just drive around wit the stock d16. oh yeah i got the hatchback it's a 93 civic si 5spd i'm happy :) i'm just goin to put aem CAI, apexi n1 cat back, and dc stainless steel headers. oh what's the differance between 4-1 and 4-2-1?

ditch the drag kit and get the maxrev kit from ks-motorsports.com. or if you really wanna go balls out, get the full-race pro street kit from full-race.com. either way, get hondata. golden eagle is very repuitable place to get your block sleeved, check out their website at goldeneaglemfg.com. and 4-1 headers have better top end power where the 4-2-1 headers made more mid range power... typically.

pissedoffsol Posted on Jul 1 2003, 04:00 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
header + turbo = WTF are you building??????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 1 2003, 04:00 AM
header + turbo = WTF are you building??????

he was sayin' that he has a stock si and he's just gonna add CAI, header and exhaust 'till he has his turbo build all done... since it's gonna take him 3 years or so.

Back