all motor or turbo or super

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know-- but WHY?

all 3 of those parts are a $1000 set back.... none of which can be used effectively on a turbo car.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 30 2003, 11:17 PM
I say turbo with B18c over LS for two reasons, you have vtec for one, and you have a better gearing tranny. LS is good if you plan on keepiing the boost level stock as in 7-9psi. If you plan to build interannly GSR owns JoO period.

And all motor is lovin it..............lol

Milan

Ok, this is a highly debated topic but, I had to say something... :) Ok, everyone here, I hope, knows what vtec is. So when vtec engages the more aggressive cam profile kicks in with a high lift, longer duration, and overlap. This overlap is the problem people seem to see with a turbo and vtec. When you run a turbo you are cramming a whole bunch of air into the cylinder (hence boost). The overlap with your valves (created by your vtec cams) lets some of the boost go right past the cylinder and not even used. This obviously decreases the efficiency of the motor as a whole by not being able to use all of its boost. So this is why some people opt for the ls motor instead of the gsr. The ls also has a lower compression ratio to start with, but really wouldn’t matter cause you would probably want to build your motor in the first place with low comp. bottom end.

i'm getting the CAI, headers and exhaust cause i'm just going to be driving the si around for 3 years until i finish buildin up my engine. besides i'm going to give the headers and CAI to my brother when i put the new engine in. i'm giving him my 94 ex. <_<

GSR cams are fine with turbo cars, so what if the comp ratio is lower from 10.0 to 9.2:1, you are going to want to add some more internal shit bc you will not want to boost 7lbs for the rest of your life or the life of the motor. Ericks has a nice GSR hatchy with stock motor with a turbo kit and it ran 12.4 with tuning of course.

Milan

Back