all motor or turbo??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

egsir

I have a 94 GSR, stock, 137K on the motor. I have around $3,000 or $4,000 I am willing to spend on the motor. Should I go all motor or turbo? I am looking to drive this car at least a couple of more years. The motor runs pretty strong for high mileage. Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you. :)

I guess no one has any advice or preference. How about this, is $3,000 to $4000 enough to get a decent turbo set up with injectors, hondata to put onto a stock GSR? What do you guys think of the budget? Is anyone running a turbo on a stock GSR for a long time and could vouch for some type of reliability? Thanks.

use some money just to recondition the motor, new pumps, forged bottom end, etc. basically rebuild it for turbo, then im sure you can find a used t3/t04e kit for cheap and run that.

I agree with slushbox. I built my t3/t04e setup with exedy clutch, standalone fuel management, total seal piston rings, and ignition for right at $2,000. You could use the extra for internals. If you want to get a turbo kit for this cheap, you will have to peice it together, but it isn't that hard.

Thats alot of miles for a turbo setup recondition the motor first safegaurd better safe than sorry.
Then go with a t3/t4 setup and try to piece it together instead of buying a kit it will be alot cheaper.

since your ride is old and your cash flow is thinnly capitalized, I would sell the ride and seek other options.

honestly, in your case,,,,,turbo

Back