All Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sirhc2013

Looking to go All Motor for Drag in my EG hatch w/ B16 Sir

Any insight would be great

Already have:
DC 4-1 Header
Powercore Race Cat
5Zigen Cat Back

Going to make these mods very soon:

Intake? any suggestions
70MM STR Throttle Body
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams or my friend will sell me Spoon Cams with AEM cam gears for $550
S2 Springs and Retainers

Then after this see how much farther i want to go

Thanks

port and polish the head, get the block bored out to a 2.0, sleeved, pistons, rings, rods, valves, intake manifold, thin gaskets.

oh yeah, thats if you have tons of money. if not, then just work on the head for now.

Compression is the key to all motor.

bump your shiz to 12-13:1, and run 94+ gas.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Oct 11 2003, 01:24 PM
and get a different block... 1.8L at least.

or just revs,

you never said anything about low-end. if you can make about 123 ft/lbs of torque at around 8500rpms, you can make 200hp.

:poke: All motor drag car. Torque where you need it. 1.8 liters. where did this " this much torque here will equal this much HP here" thing come from?

Nothing wrong with going NA

well I say get rid of that DC header and get atleast a JDM 4-1 ITR unit, test pipe and 2.5 inch back pipe wiht the muff of your choice.

go 1.8 bottom if you can,

other than that I would stick with most any standard CAI, they are mostly the same but I like the comptech icebox the best.

70mm TB is overkill for your current application, just rebore your stocker, and your intake manifold is fine with your current cams. If you can get the P28 with a ITR base map and hondata, go small light diameter rims in 14's if you can with good sticky tires.

Fidanza flywheel is fine and any stage 1 clutch will do, if you can get the Jspec ITR tranny for it's LSD and nice 4.7 final driver.

it comes from this equation,

Horsepower= (torque x rpm)/ 5252

i think what he is getting at is that if you can rev and still be making power up high you don't really have to try for a lot of torque.

Yes I know but...cylider head dynamics, variable valve functions, ect, of modern engines keep this from being what I would base my decisions on. The very fundamentals on engine design and what will and will not work were changed way back with VTEC alone, and it's still going further. Saab even has an engine with a variable compression ration with the longblock rotating slightly on it's axis to achieve it. You see why these numbers will not always produce what you think because nothing is static anymore. Besides, point being a drag car-unless he is going to completely reconfigure he gearing to something more suited for a pupose built drag car- Indy style RPM's will not serve him well at all down the strip (if it's because that's the only place he makes power). Torque is a major player down the 1320. Exploding out of the hole will win the race, even if his competition runs a quicker time. You see it all of the time. If we were talking SCCA, I would whole heartedly agree with the revs idea.

torque is a good thing to have, but in drag racing horsepower still matters. Too much torque and you will spin the tires, especially on a FWD car. I didn't say it will be easy, but it can be done. If you can take advantage of VTEC, then you can get the high rpm horsepower and pretty decent mid-band power. drag racing is mostly in the upper rpm range. The honda engine is designed for low torque and high-rpm horsepower. In autocross, you dont want very high rpm horsepower, you need a broad range, sometimes down to 3000rpm. Top fuel drag cars need lots of torque because they have no gears, even then they still want horsepower.

Back