Allmotor B20 Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomtom

i m trying to built a b20 vtec, i will be useing a first gen b16 head
i need some info on what chip program(mugen,skunk2 or jun what ever else)and what size injectors plus fuel pressure
and what compression ratio can i run 4 a daily driver?

thanks

is there a way to install aftermarket pistons onto the stock b20 rods?
(the facts says u can t )
i want to make around 11.5-1 CR

i don't think you'd want to.. but anything is possible.. the rods would have to be machined ot make them fit.. and that would weaken them more.. and they would just crumble under the pressure

hahah, crumble under pressure, like a cracker......nice pills,

well to put pistons in you will need to obviously get pistons, rings, and get the wall honed, not to mention machine the rods so those factory pistons will fit, Why not just get some jumbo sleeves, crower rods, and forged pistons. I think that is a much better starting point and chances are you can't really rev the oem b20 bottom end out as much as one that is built.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@May 22 2003, 11:09 AM
hahah, crumble under pressure, like a cracker......nice pills,

well to put pistons in you will need to obviously get pistons, rings, and get the wall honed, not to mention machine the rods so those factory pistons will fit, Why not just get some jumbo sleeves, crower rods, and forged pistons. I think that is a much better starting point and chances are you can't really rev the oem b20 bottom end out as much as one that is built.

Milan

I AM PLANING TO RUN 11.5-1 COMPRESSION
AT THIS LEVEL I DON T THINK I WILL EVEN MAKE 200HP
DO U REALLY THINK I WILL NEED SLEEVES AND RODS?

I READ AN ARTICLE ON A B20VTEC TURBO MOTOR MAKEING OVER 250 HP ON STOCK INTERNALS

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 22 2003, 12:57 AM
i don't think you'd want to.. but anything is possible.. the rods would have to be machined ot make them fit.. and that would weaken them more.. and they would just crumble under the pressure

IS THE B20 RODS THAT MUCH DIFFERENT FROM LS RODS AND B16 RODS?

I DID AN LS ROD INTO A D16Z6 USEING SOHC PISTONS AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS HAVE THE MANCHNE SHOP REBUSH THE SMALL END TO FIT THE PISTONS

THEN I HONED ALL THE CYLINDER AND INSTALL PISTONS

I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT GUYS UPGRADEING PISTONS ONLY IN A B16 AND LS

Just wanted to say that just because someone has done it doesn't mean it's to be done, build it properly, you could get away with not having sleeves but if I had the oppurtunity to up the liters while increasing durability, why not? I prefer to take the motor apart once for upgrading, not a second due to premature "crumble" ;)

Milan

Back