1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allseason/winter tires

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by jamesA, Oct 1, 2005.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Well it's time that I get some tires suitable for driving in the snow/ice. The AVSES100s aren't rated for it, so I need to find some good winter tires with decent performance and outstanding traction.

So far I've looked at Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 w/ UNI-T, Blizzak LM-22s, and Pirelli W-210 snowsports.

The Pirelli's have the best all around traction, but the WS-50s have, by far, the best snow traction.

What are some of your opinions on these and any other tire you've had for winter driving?

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I have the WS50's for up here in the U.P. where we get a shit load of snow. After a season with them, I would never drive on anything less. They are amazing. ware isn't too bad, no worse then your average performance tire. I can stop on hills that have 30 or so degree incline and then start back up again with not alot of effort.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

depending on how much ice you get, id go with either
    Nokian RSI (studless)
    Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 (studable)

hands down Nokians are the shit

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

haha ok, i've never heard of those? what are they 400 a tire? I'm in Indiana, I get probably as much snow/ice as Asmall would, if not a little less.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

6. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

If you wanna stick with Yoko's, I'm running the AVS dB S2 all-seasons. they do a decent job in both the dry and the wet/icy, and the road noise is minimal. I seem to remember paying $550 mounted/balanced for 205/55/R16.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted