Allseason/winter tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Well it's time that I get some tires suitable for driving in the snow/ice. The AVSES100s aren't rated for it, so I need to find some good winter tires with decent performance and outstanding traction.

So far I've looked at Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 w/ UNI-T, Blizzak LM-22s, and Pirelli W-210 snowsports.

The Pirelli's have the best all around traction, but the WS-50s have, by far, the best snow traction.

What are some of your opinions on these and any other tire you've had for winter driving?

I have the WS50's for up here in the U.P. where we get a shit load of snow. After a season with them, I would never drive on anything less. They are amazing. ware isn't too bad, no worse then your average performance tire. I can stop on hills that have 30 or so degree incline and then start back up again with not alot of effort.

depending on how much ice you get, id go with either
Nokian RSI (studless)
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 (studable)

hands down Nokians are the shit

Quoted post[/post]]
depending on how much ice you get, id go with either
Nokian RSI (studless)
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 (studable)

hands down Nokians are the shit

haha ok, i've never heard of those? what are they 400 a tire? I'm in Indiana, I get probably as much snow/ice as Asmall would, if not a little less.

If you wanna stick with Yoko's, I'm running the AVS dB S2 all-seasons. they do a decent job in both the dry and the wet/icy, and the road noise is minimal. I seem to remember paying $550 mounted/balanced for 205/55/R16.

Back