Almost Dead: My CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

utn

I have a few questions about the wiring on my CRX, I have a B16 swap in it and I can't figure out how to wire up my O2 sensor. There is an O2 sensor on my exhaust and my ECU says that the "2nd O2 sensor " is not functioning. By looking at ECU pinout charts I I found there is no wire in the C8 plug spot, which means no O2 sensor is plugged in there. How can I hook up this sensor? I have a lot of spare wires hanging around my ECU without plugs or anything on them, they just go into the twist of wires and hang out by the ECU. (see picture) Is there an easy way to find out what these wires go to? Or maybe if one of those stray wires could be the O2 sensor.

Can anyone tell me the name of that black bar in the pictures too, I'm pretty sure it's some sort of anti-flex bar, like a tower bar or sway bars, but I don't know the name of it (came with the car).

Thanks a lot,
Scott

:unsure:

images
http://www.pbase.com/fubnarcrx

I'm not positve, but the block says B16A and has PR3 stamped on it in various places, the ECU is also a PR3, which is OBD0 I believe.... right?

Ack! Today I looked under my hood and a mass amount of oil was comming from the connection between the engine and headers. The engine was running very rough and I had NO power for acceleration. I took the headers off and took out the gasket, it doesnt appear to be blown or anything although it has a lot of charred oil on it and its a little rusted. Would anyone say that my leak was caused by an old gasket or what?

Also, when I had the headers removed i saw inside the second exhaust port from the left (if facing the car, headlights pointing towards you) there is a thick black oil/grease all inside of it. The other exhaust ports just have a blackish powder, carbon deposits I presume. To me this looks bad, can anyone guess whats up?

Any and all help is appreciated,
Thanks, Scott

the black bar replaced ur stock cross member beam.
i would say it helps you with traction for the wheels.
some one can correct me if im wrong.

where you located?

I'm located in Irvine California.

I think that my valve seal on my 2nd cylinder might be bad... because as I said in the other post, I had oil all inside of my 2nd exhaust port. I'm gonna rip off the valve cover and check it all today. Hopefully thats the only thing causing the mess...

Thanks,
Scott

I think it is my head gasket leaking, but is the rubber seal around the valve cover called a gasket? I don't have the most experience with cars (as you can easily see) but I always thought the metal plates between parts were called gaskets and the rubber ones just called rubber seals, seals or if round, o-rings.

Is there a way I can check if the rubber seal (gasket?) is bad? Besides seeing leaking oil.
When I took off the valve cover the rubber seemed fine to me, i tried to peel it up and it wouldn't come up, it didn't seem to be cracked or dried out or anything.

And lately my car seems to backfire every now and then, very rarely and only if i do funky things with the throttle and when i decide to depress the clutch. Is this any sort normal or are my valves out of adjustment. How can I check my valve seals too?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I am eager to learn how to fix my car and get her running smoothly.

Thank you very much,
Scott

Back