Almost ten years gone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Since Tupac died.

I pulled out some old CD's and started playing them again, actually that Dave Chellepe skit reminded me of him. 10 years later and rap sucks! It's amazing how much skill this guy had on many different levels. They don't make them like they used to...

*poor out liquor* :(

He died Sep 10th, you've still got some time left.

Oh...Why do I know that off the top of my head? Yes, it's because he was shot on my brithday (sept. 7th). Who else can say that?

TommyTheCat said:
He died Sep 10th, you've still got some time left.

Oh...Why do I know that off the top of my head? Yes, it's because he was shot on my brithday (sept. 7th). Who else can say that?
uh, he died on sept 13th...I know because it's my cousin's b-day. Also, it was a big thing because it was friday the 13th and all that bullshit... when did tupac die? - Ask.com Search

rap doesnt suck today, its just the rap that is getting the spotlight sucks... there is more to rap and hip hop besides what is played on mtv and bet..

There is alot of rap that doesn't get the spotlight it deserves.

exactly. and if ppl think 50 cent or Young Jezzy or any of those ppl are what hiphop and rap is today, you people need to take your heads out of your asses.

97AccorDEx said:
yea...tupac was the greatest rapper of his time...was definitely my favorite

oh god, it's going to begin. i say 6 or 7 pages if people actually read this.

biggie is by far the greates rapper of the 90's. he flipped the rap game upside down. he's like the 50 cent of 2004. biggie was on everybody's shit. he was everywhere. tupac just had a lot of music out there. tupac constantly contradicted himself.

but plain and simple, when "life after death" came out. all those songs had so much air play everywhere. it introduced rap to a lot of people who listened to nothing but green day and nirvana. plus biggie got west coast play to. pac's popularity was all west coast.

biggie > tupac. hands down. Biggie brought a lot of new elements to the music, tupac just did the gangsta thing that was big then on the west coast. Sure his rhymes and flow was great, but i feel biggie was a better all around rapper.

there is no doubt though that both were tremendous and easily fill 2 of the top 5 spots for all time greats.

get_nick said:
oh god, it's going to begin. i say 6 or 7 pages if people actually read this.

biggie is by far the greates rapper of the 90's. he flipped the rap game upside down. he's like the 50 cent of 2004. biggie was on everybody's shit. he was everywhere. tupac just had a lot of music out there. tupac constantly contradicted himself.

but plain and simple, when "life after death" came out. all those songs had so much air play everywhere. it introduced rap to a lot of people who listened to nothing but green day and nirvana. plus biggie got west coast play to. pac's popularity was all west coast.

wow...you think tupac only got west coast play?? He got plenty of play over here on the east coast. Tupac was "everywhere" as you put it for Biggie...Tupac > Biggie by far. His sound was better, words were better, everything about him was better than Biggie.

97AccorDEx said:
His sound was better, words were better, everything about him was better than Biggie.
Everything about Pac was better than Biggie? lol Biggie was more of a lyricist than Pac was. Not saying Pac wasn't good, but in my opinion he isn't even in my top 5 as far as lyrics go.

arguing about who's a better rapper is like arguing who is a better special olympic athlete...it doesn't matter because they're both retarded. interpret it as you wish.

B16RacerN2NR said:
Everything about Pac was better than Biggie? lol Biggie was more of a lyricist than Pac was. Not saying Pac wasn't good, but in my opinion he isn't even in my top 5 as far as lyrics go.

I agree 100% even though I did listen to tupac alot more... just had better beats on most of his tracks I guess. As for 50 cent not being about what "hip hop" really is.. HE IS THE NEW PAC. Tupac had alot of good songs and alot of fans but his lyrics were seriously under par for the last few years of his life. Take a look at 50 cent... no real lyrics or vocab but look at how many albums sold and how many fans he has... he may as well be tupac. If you wanna talk about what hip hop really is download some too short or some easy e/nwa... they started it all.

Back