Almost ten years gone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The west coast did start the whole rap/hip hop scence, I will say that much. The east coast never "sold out" they just have a different style and something called a vocabulary. They were also a little late getting into the "rap game" so it may seem to some as they aren't as "hard" as the "heat pakn brovas n d LBC" want them to be.

Last edited:
this is for all of you arguing about this stupid shit on the internet.

failatlifecard.gif

That has to be THE most queer thing I have ever seen.

"I give the crowd my finger and grab my dictator"

That .. is genius. Eminem sung that and he would win a grammy.

Celerity said:
That .. is genius. Eminem sung that and he would win a grammy.

I agree with that totally. If only white kids would stop trying to rap we wouldn't have to see horrid parodies like that. Eminem isn't even "rap"... he's dre's beats with some shitty (sometimes funny but still shitty) lyrics. I feel sorry for anyone that wasted 20 bucks on any of his albums.

I learned something today:

Apparently people pay....

hundreds of dollars on bed sheets.
thousands of dollars on beds.
other people to repair their car at way ballooned costs ($800 for a headgasket?)
$20 for cds that contain about 12 songs
$200 for valve covers that have the word "Mugen" stamped on it. Specifically, they pay that much because of that word stamped on it.

You know, lets say you lived a normal life and lived by the rules. You had some quickie lube shithole change your oil, you paid $200 for a set of brake pads and you didn't steal cable / satellite / music / internet access .

How do regular people afford to live ?

I have NO fucking clue. I work 32 hours a weak at sears delivering over priced crap to people all day long for 7 bucks an hour... I then get off and go to my other job delivering pizza for 6 an hour plus tips (about 20 hours a week). My girlfriend takes care of handicaped people for 8 an hour @ 48 hours a week. Now if you want to do the math it leaves us with about 2300 a month. By the time we pay our bills we have about 600 a month left to eat, get gas, ect ect. If I paid for any of the above said I would be on welfare (well I do pay my cable bill lol). By the way neither of us own a car newer than a 96 and only have one child... all in all... it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive to live.

eminem is not bad, listen to his multi-syllable (sp) rhymes. I dont like his music, but he has great flow with some complex rhymes, most of the time you hera people rhyme shit with shit with shit with shit with nigga.

get_nick said:
What is that word? don't try to sound smart. it didn't work.
enouciation - Definitions from Dictionary.com

>_> Maybe if you ever heard the word before or knew the meaning you realize it was typo. Sorry if the only type of counter-point you could come up with was to use Dictionary.com to figure out a word I used, then point out it's being mispelled. *Thumbs up*

I don't know who half the people here are talking to because no one seems to know what the hell a quote button is, but I'm not the kind of person to think something is better just because I say it is. I couldn't care less about Biggie OR Pac in all reality, I just feel he's a lot better because he's a lot less commercial and a there's a lot less nonsense stupidity in his rhymes. Sorry if I don't like the sound that most fat rappers have (Fat Joe, Big Pun, Biggie all sound the same IMO) and if you want to argue that with me, then that's your own problem.

Always was a West Coast girl...

but i have to say I always favor the 'old' stuff to the new... DJ Quik and Suga Free... lol TCQ even!

I loved listening to Hail Mary because it mentions a black ac integra... like mine. I wasn't really big on either Biggie or Tupac though.

Back