Alright, new thread w/pics to help better explain

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Ok, this is my interior now (EG hatch if you weren't aware). I want to find a 6.5" or 7" STAND ALONE monitor thats made to fit in a double-din space, not a double-din DVD player, to mount down in the optional audio console. I want to put the DVD player up in the stock radio position (obviously a detachable face one for security). The reasoning is, the monitor won't be seen from behind the car (illegal in some states), and it won't be visible from outside the car (tint and location) unless you know its there. Basicly, my thought process is if a thief was to look in my car, they'd see the DVD player up top w/no faceplate and move on...I do have a pageing alarm just in case though :)

cliff notes: I need a stand alone monitor thats made to fit in a double-din space (the big hole in my console)

Picture092.jpg

you need a mugen steering wheel :)

i can get you a cheap pioneer in-dash dvd/screen but its single din and the volume turns itself up.

$400 for a steering wheel's a bit steep for me...

ghost in the radio - sweet

maybe I'll just put the coin tray in w/one of those dash mount triple gauge pods...I dunno

not sure how much or why it turns up. ill talk to my buddy in a little bit.

the mugen wheel i had was $100 + $60 for an EG hub. where you get $400 from?

airjockie has one or two left i think.

buy a raw screen from www.partsexpress.com and send me your console and the moniter and i will fiberglass it in there flush. if you need references on my fiberglassin ability as brian he knows what i can do.

mike does very good work with fiberglass
ive seen a lot of stuff that he has done
:thumbsup:

Eclipse sells a Double DIN monitor, and I think Alpine does too...

Or just measure it, and go onto eBay and buy one...

I'll be picking up the double din Pyle knockoff DVD screen with touch sensitive controls - I know, it's garbage but I have something specific in mind. If you want to backseat on that install and result, you're welcome to. It's an Ebay radio, 7".

Also, if Mike does fiberglassing, I may need to tap your expertise. :) I'm doing something... funky... with my trunk.

For notes sake, I won't part with my Mugen wheel for under $600, and that is my lowest price.

Radios with self-adjusting volumes get attached to the Tach lead, I have this setup in my NX (And I don't like it one bit)

yeah, I'd like to see how yours comes out...for now I think I'm going with a gauge pod (single din) and a cointray

I dunno, I have to get it running 1st

absolutly i am for hire doin fiberglass. i miss doin it i think i may just have to do somthin for myslef again to keep fresh :p

yes, I saw your blog

I'd like a real cupholder. The stupid stock ones (that don't really work) in my car were replaced with that audio console, but there is one in the armrest...its good for cans/sm-med drive-thru cups

Well, I need the 90-92 Maxima cup holder again. I love those things. The one I currently have is chopped to accept the faceplate of my Clarion (Remote radio install, cupholder / storage behind face). I plan on doing the same thing in the Nissan, ditching my .5 din cupholder in favor of the Nissan 1 din one, with the NEO-mp3 jukebox faceplate flush mounted to it.

whatch'ya gonna do with all that funk... all that funk inside your trunk?

Back