altenator belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

critchy88

well im havein great luck today...the bearing went in my ac pump and siezed up the pully and with a cloud of smoke the belt broke...thing is i dont want to use the ac anymore anyway..cause it never gets hotter than 25 celcuis here lol...but anyway if i just went with the belt of an accord without ac would it fit still? dat way i can still have the belt on my altenator but bypass the ac pump ...if it'll work lemme no or if anyone noes the belt lenght i mite need it would be great help..thanks guys:rolleyes:

The accord belt will not work, it'll be too long. I'm sure someone else has done this and they could tell you what lenght to use. If you still have the old belt and its not destroyed use it to measure for what the new belt would be.

i did measure the old belt but thing is one im lookin for is gonna be alot shorter..because the old one had to go around the ac and the new one wont so it'll be shorter cause of that...old belt goes around the crank then the ac then the atenator and back to the crank...im lookin to bypass the ac and just go from crank to altenator.

well i went on ahead and tired it anyway and the belt will fit...so for anyone with the same prob or sum1 lookin to bypass their ac..just get a belt for the same car without ac...it just and i mean just clears the old ac pully but it works!

Back