altenator rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal i am sure that my alt is fried i am not getting any charge what so ever on it, this is what i would like to know, is it possible to take the alt apart and use my d series parts in the alt, like the brushes and stuff and put them in the b series alt? please let me know guys thanks

its most likely a bad diode
its a bitch to repair honda and acura alternators. I did it once, never again
I just go to pep boys because I got the one with the lifetime warranty on it. I used to blow alternators faster than my oil changes came around, because of my system, then I installed a capacitor and havent had any problems since then.

o yeah i learned my leason with the Cap. i have a big ass system on there too and my cousin has a bigger one then me and he was going thur batteries like crazy then when he blew his alt it was all over he bought a cap and ever had the problem again, so i got one at the same time. but back to the matter at hand there is no way to do it then i take it? or if i have the right manual i can do it? let me know thanks

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Dec 15 2004, 02:08 PM
o yeah i learned my leason with the Cap. i have a big ass system on there too and my cousin has a bigger one then me and he was going thur batteries like crazy then when he blew his alt it was all over he bought a cap and ever had the problem again, so i got one at the same time. but back to the matter at hand there is no way to do it then i take it? or if i have the right manual i can do it? let me know thanks
[post=432591]Quoted post[/post]​

its best you trade that one in and get money off your next one that will come with a lifetime warranty

man talk about bring it back to life..lol yeah i just got a rebuilt one for 75 bucks today and i am going to install it tomorrow thanks for the infor

Back