1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

altenator rebuild

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by civiclxb16, Dec 15, 2004.

1. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ok here is the deal i am sure that my alt is fried i am not getting any charge what so ever on it, this is what i would like to know, is it possible to take the alt apart and use my d series parts in the alt, like the brushes and stuff and put them in the b series alt? please let me know guys thanks

2. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

its most likely a bad diode
    its a bitch to repair honda and acura alternators. I did it once, never again
    I just go to pep boys because I got the one with the lifetime warranty on it. I used to blow alternators faster than my oil changes came around, because of my system, then I installed a capacitor and havent had any problems since then.

3. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

o yeah i learned my leason with the Cap. i have a big ass system on there too and my cousin has a bigger one then me and he was going thur batteries like crazy then when he blew his alt it was all over he bought a cap and ever had the problem again, so i got one at the same time. but back to the matter at hand there is no way to do it then i take it? or if i have the right manual i can do it? let me know thanks

4. b20bubble

b20bubble Junior Member

its best you trade that one in and get money off your next one that will come with a lifetime warranty

5. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

man talk about bring it back to life..lol yeah i just got a rebuilt one for 75 bucks today and i am going to install it tomorrow thanks for the infor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted