Alternative Headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
I got the hair brained idea to take a cutting wheel to my front end and maybe mounting a different set of headlights on the Integra. My nose cone is nothing that i will miss if i cut it to peices, same said for the fenders that came with the car. Chopping up the hood may come into play but we shall see. The whole thing is likely going to be some A-Team hack job but i want something different. Seems you go bug eye or some outlandish JDM conversion and thats it.

Optimally i would like to find something that goes up into the fender from the nose cone bypassing the hood. If i need to get into the hood so be it, i know a hull tech who can help with that, same for the bulkhead.

What i ask ya´ll is if i somehow pulled this off what would people like to see?

Off hand i considered the S2000, pricey.
The 06 Civic was another idea.
I also considered the ultimate bug eyes and putting two of the new VW Bug assemblies in.

I dont have a large vocuabulary of vehicals though, hence i put it to ya´ll.

To make things easier the choice should be one that has seperate high and low beams. I could always move the signal and running lights up higher as needed.

I got the hair brained idea to take a cutting wheel to my front end and maybe mounting a different set of headlights on the Integra. My nose cone is nothing that i will miss if i cut it to peices, same said for the fenders that came with the car. Chopping up the hood may come into play but we shall see. The whole thing is likely going to be some A-Team hack job but i want something different. Seems you go bug eye or some outlandish JDM conversion and thats it.

Optimally i would like to find something that goes up into the fender from the nose cone bypassing the hood. If i need to get into the hood so be it, i know a hull tech who can help with that, same for the bulkhead.

What i ask ya´ll is if i somehow pulled this off what would people like to see?

Off hand i considered the S2000, pricey.
The 06 Civic was another idea.
I also considered the ultimate bug eyes and putting two of the new VW Bug assemblies in.

I dont have a large vocuabulary of vehicals though, hence i put it to ya´ll.

Do you really want "some A-Team hack job" for your front end? A good headlight conversion is a lot more complicated than just cutting some holes in your front bumper for your chosen pair of headlights to fit in. You're gonna have to have a way to securely mount the lights, which may mean modifying the radiator support, frame, fenders, etc.

Have you ever seen the "Cali" CL conversion? Search for it, maybe that will be to your liking.

The CL thing looks promising ill have to browse that more, thanks for the tip.

The frame on the integra is rather boxy when you get down to it. I've got some wild ideas but they are still too far over on the formulation side to discuss. All the wide body kits ive seen look like hell. I do like the lines of the S2000 ill just leave it at that.

I was hoping I could get away with some homemade brackets and such as far as the mounting. I was hoping to use the box to my advantage with a little sculpting instead of cutting it. There is a lot of space if you run something up the side of the frame if you can cut into the nose and fender. I had even considered a Nissan style assembly. I had considered using the side bit of the subframe as my mounting anchor.

For fitment I was going to put some plastic over the intended light and then overlay some clay for a contour mold. Once it cured i could wet the bottom and lay it up against the car to make a guide print. After it is done I would cut out the supports of the old bug eyes on the back of the nose cone, add some mesh and epoxy and smooth it over.

Like I said all in the what if phase...

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    594.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    747.1 KB · Views: 121
Back