alternative sway bar mounting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I've been trying to locate some teg lca's for about 2 years now but have never been able to get any that weren't going to set me back $100 or more

the point is I have a gs-r rear sway in my garage and I want to put it on my car but need a way to attach it to the lca's

I'm thinking there are three options

1. drill the lca and make a mounting point that would be slightly lower than the stock point.

2. bolt on a bracket that would locate a mount point in the stock location.

3. have a piece welded on that would provide a mount point in the stock location.

I would prefer either 2 or 3 because i've seen that people have had some problems with the sway bar hitting exhaust or lca's when using aftermarket lcas that have a whole in the middle of them.

I ran a search on here but couldn't find any other threads that dealt with this
any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks
Sean

so nobody has seen any ot these methods done?

I know I saw a post where someone mentioned doing this but I wasn't able to find the post again

any help would be great

Dude, put aside $10 from every paycheck and in six months you can have the real ones brand new.

getting paid once a month puts a damper on that plan

I know that eibach makes a sway bar kit that clamps onto the lca's because there is someone on this board that has it and they say they have never had problems

it's someone else with a 5th gen civic sedan, I think it's white

at any rate, I just want to hear some inteligent responses pertaining to my question, because I might as well just save $X out of every paycheck and but a new car in a few years

Keep going to junkyards, checking the classifieds here and on Honda-tech, they are always for sale. The other advantage to saving and buying them new though, is they will have new bushings, and that alone is worth it.

not to be argumentative, but you could always just sell the gsr bar and buy a brand new progress for like 185 bucks. It would save you the hassle of buying new parts, and worry about all this modification. Plus you get a better sway bar.

my .02

Import Auto Salvage,

got mine for $50, but I picked mine up

so figure 50 + shipping shouldn't be any more than 60-70

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jun 17 2004, 12:32 PM
not to be argumentative, but you could always just sell the gsr bar and buy a brand new progress for like 185 bucks. It would save you the hassle of buying new parts, and worry about all this modification. Plus you get a better sway bar.

my .02

the point is that I'm trying to get a rear swaybar on for minimal cost, I have alot of other projects ongoing that are sapping my money right now

so any advice on modifying my stock lca's so that I can attach the endlinks to them, be it by welding, clamping, or drilling would be great

like I have stated previously, I've been looking for a set of teg lca's for about 2 years and haven't been able to get my hands on some yet without paying some one close to $100 and I'm not about to do that

and eventually I will upgrade to a better sway bar but for right now I have a GSR bar that I gor for $5 so I plan on using that for a while until I save up some more funds

Back