Hey guys I have a little dilemma here with my crx hopefully you guys can help me out, its a 1985 CRX Si. I'm gonna start from the beginning: Car has a bad ground in it somewhere, engine light would randomly come on and off making the car shudder and die so I started simple by replacing the battery ground cable, shortly after that my alternator starts to smell funky, like its overcharging or something but I was still getting 14 volts across my battery? Anyway few days later battery light comes on while I'm driving and the next morning my car was completely dead. Get a new alternator, put it in, start car, and immediatly I can smell that same burning smell and its making an electrical whining noise that gets louder as the engine revs, and I'm only getting around 13.10 volts across my battery at idle. I cleaned all of the ground locations that I could find including the ground on the engine from the battery cable and it was still doing the same thing. I took it to O'Reillys and had them test it and they said it was good. So I'm kinda lost as to what to do. I read that the ecu actually turns the alternator on/off so maybe the ecu is fried? The ecu bolts have rust/corrosion on them, also the troubleshooting LEDs don't even light up on it when the CEL comes on and I sourced that in a haynes manual and it said that if they don't light up it means theres a bad control unit ground or the ecu is faulty. A note to remember is that my original alternator didn't start to burn out until right after I replaced the battery ground cable, but I don't see how that would mess it up. Also car is all original, no sound system, it does have a cd player in it but it doesn't play cds. Thanks for any info!