alternator not charging batter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sick2000teggy

ok i have a 2000 ls integra 5 speed...i changed the headers and my secondary o2 sensor grounded out and it blew my alternator/speedo fuse...i replaced the fuse and its not blowing anymore replaced the alternator its a new battery...i cant find out y its not charging i took it to the shop and they told me it could be my ecu? is this true? its not throwing any codes at all and im jus confused its my first integra ever owned and i dont know what else to look for help PLEASE:confused:

Maybe related to the electric load detector(I know in older Civics it's in the fuse box, not sure about newer cars but it's worth looking into/searching for). The ECU does not control the alternator IIRC.

Also, have you checked the output voltage of the alternator? My cousin had a similar incident, but turns out he forgot to tighten down the power cable on the alternator.

i have also heard it could be that and this one is located in the fuse box under the hood but do i have to replace the whole fuse box or can i replace the eld its self without the whole fuse box coming out

and its putting out ZERO volts im getting nothing from the alternator but i have triple check all the wires to the alternator and still nothing but thanks for response

So when you connect your voltmeter to the battery's, you read battery voltage of 12 to 12.6 volts? With the engine running, try and run a wire from the battery terminal of the alternator to the "F" or "Field" terminal. This tricks some alternators in thinking the battery's are stone dead and full fields them to a full charge. This may or may not work.

Where did you check it to get your zero voltage reading? Also, not tryin to be a dick, but are you sure your using your multimeter right?

Back