alternator rubbing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i got my b16 in my 97 civic and it is running finally a little rich and choppy but it is running but i came to a problem the alternator is rubbing on the wall any ideas on what i did wrong or if i need to bang the wall some to fix it but there is like no room there for it can anyone help with this please i really want my civic out soon so i can take it to the shop to get tuned thanks guys

the hammer i can see but the shorter belt will not help me because it is going to touch i tried moving the alt. up and it still rubbed i guess the hammer is the only option thanks

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Sep 6 2004, 06:36 AM
the hammer i can see but the shorter belt will not help me because it is going to touch i tried moving the alt. up and it still rubbed i guess the hammer is the only option thanks
[post=386573]Quoted post[/post]​

well i can't remember what the fender walls look like on your car in particular, but often a shorter belt will help beause it postions the pully farther away from the wall by having it mounted a little farther forward, at least thats how it works on EF civics/rex's, but anyhow the hammer will do..

WHOOOOA. Stop right there.
If you have to use the hammer, you did something wrong.
Check your mounts and make sure they are the correct ones.

Originally posted by vtec84lude@Sep 6 2004, 10:34 PM
WHOOOOA. Stop right there.
If you have to use the hammer, you did something wrong.
Check your mounts and make sure they are the correct ones.
[post=386787]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i was told to use 94+ integra motor mounts but it doesn't fit my 97 civic http://home.att.net/~eddsp/6gswap.html
this is what the mounts look like i am looking for a 99 si bracket because the mount is the same as all the driver side mounts from 96-00 and i am using the tranny mount and the rear mount from a 97 integra but the driver side is different so i think i need to get a special mount but i can't find one as right now thanks for your help

Back