Altezza taillights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway, i hate alteezas lol. damn bored today so i thought that would work.

anyway, i hate alteezas lol. damn bored today so i thought that would work.
LMAO, I got that already, yeah I'm bored as hell today, was supposed to drop my tranny today to see what's wrong with it but I gotta take it on base to the auto hobby shop so I can use the lift, to make it easier on myself

good luck, tranny work sucks, install an lsd drive in circles for an hour and try not to puke.

good luck, tranny work sucks, install an lsd drive in circles for an hour and try not to puke.
Tell me about it. Shit I'm hoping it's just something loose and nothing's wrong with the whole tranny, or else i'll have to take back my type r tranny that I gaved my boy

Probably a stock type R motor, but my motor is way from stock and I'm not through with it yet
So what was the point of getting a Type R motor if you are going to build it? You are just going to ruin what makes it a Type R...

No, boosting it would ruin what makes it a type r
NO!!! ripping it apart period would ruin it. Type R motor aren't put together on an 'assembly line,' so to speak, like the rest of the motors are. Plus, pulling out the pistons, cams, valvetrain, ect is what gets pulled out and replaced when you 'build' a motor, so how is that not taking the essence of a Type R away? Oh and boosting a Type R doesn't 'ruin' it either...you just got owned by an internet myth, just ask JDM_slut...she has a boosted Type R

that statement is as gay as altezza's

he means that if you are implying you are going to "build" your type r motor for an all motor build that really does ruin the point of it being a type R motor. It "basically" ( know its not the same but you get the idea, higher CR, better cams, "better" ported and different head, better IM, etc etc) is a worked gsr motor from the factory. Your better off building an lsvtec or regular gsr motor, just because your starting off with a type r motor doesnt mean you are going to end up with more power if your going for an all out "build"

you would be "ruining" a type r motor if you just buy it to build it, boosting a stock type r motor doesnt change the motor itself one bit. /rant

LOL ^ beat me to it

that statement is as gay as altezza's

he means that if you are implying you are going to "build" your type r motor for an all motor build that really does ruin the point of it being a type R motor. It "basically" ( know its not the same but you get the idea, higher CR, better cams, "better" ported and different head, better IM, etc etc) is a worked gsr motor from the factory. Your better off building an lsvtec or regular gsr motor, just because your starting off with a type r motor doesnt mean you are going to end up with more power if your going for an all out "build"

you would be "ruining" a type r motor if you just buy it to build it, boosting a stock type r motor doesnt change the motor itself one bit. /rant

LOL ^ beat me to it
lol beat ya to the punch:D

It's not a myth to me, I've been around more than a handful of guys who've all tried to boost a type r, and all have had problems, as soon as they try to push more than 9 pounds, As for M i'd like to see how many times she goes to the track and actually run that setup hard before she herself has problems. Yea it's nice to say I got a boosted type r and it'll probably run good just as a dd without any kind of track use but see me I actually beat my motors, she's running what 12 psi's not good. My CR is at 12:1, even if I did drop in some lower compression rods the most I'd try to push is 6-7 psi and that's just not worth it for me. Before this swap I had a boosted type r b16b with custom made turbo, but it was too much wrench time that's y I'm going all motor. I don't just going around saying shit if I having experienced it myself or seen it myself

It's not a myth to me, I've been around more than a handful of guys who've all tried to boost a type r, and all have had problems, as soon as they try to push more than 9 pounds, As for M i'd like to see how many times she goes to the track and actually run that setup hard before she herself has problems. Yea it's nice to say I got a boosted type r and it'll probably run good just as a dd without any kind of track use but see me I actually beat my motors, she's running what 12 psi's not good. My CR is at 12:1, even if I did drop in some lower compression rods the most I'd try to push is 6-7 psi and that's just not worth it for me. Before this swap I had a boosted type r b16b with custom made turbo, but it was too much wrench time that's y I'm going all motor. I don't just going around saying shit if I having experienced it myself or seen it myself
Those "guys" you speak of did not know how to tune nor did they supply enough fuel... and PSI has nothing to do with when a motor will blow, it's all about CFM's.

Lower compression rods? WTF? you trying to destroke your motor?

You boosted a B16B, which has a higher comp ratio than the ITR, wile you still heard horror stories about boosting a lower comp ITR motor?

I'm starting to think you are just talking out of your ass, especially when you have to tell me that "you don't go around saying shit without experiencing it" those who actually use that method don't have to say it. I don't know, you seem like a cool guy, but your knowledge seems sketchy. It would be different if you would of said you are fairly new to this stuff but you are talking like you've been doing it for years.

so i'm E.. ummm.. ok.. as for boosting a type r.. its possible to do it and not blow the sumbitch up.. all it needs is a damn good tune

Those "guys" you speak of did not know how to tune nor did they supply enough fuel... and PSI has nothing to do with when a motor will blow, it's all about CFM's.

Lower compression rods? WTF? you trying to destroke your motor?

You boosted a B16B, which has a higher comp ratio than the ITR, wile you still heard horror stories about boosting a lower comp ITR motor?

I'm starting to think you are just talking out of your ass, especially when you have to tell me that "you don't go around saying shit without experiencing it" those who actually use that method don't have to say it. I don't know, you seem like a cool guy, but your knowledge seems sketchy. It would be different if you would of said you are fairly new to this stuff but you are talking like you've been doing it for years.

Huh, what are u talking about, my motors stock B16B CR was 10.8:1 my B18C-R was 11.0:1 but it's not stock anymore my CR is now 12:1 that's y I said if I was gonna boost it I'd drop back in some lower comp pistons. And no I've never heard horror stories about boosting a lower comp ITR motor

so i'm E.. ummm.. ok.. as for boosting a type r.. its possible to do it and not blow the sumbitch up.. all it needs is a damn good tune

I call u E cause I'm too lazy to type out the whole thing, didn't know there was another e aboard

Huh, what are u talking about, my motors stock B16B CR was 10.8:1 my B18C-R was 11.0:1 but it's not stock anymore my CR is now 12:1 that's y I said if I was gonna boost it I'd drop back in some lower comp pistons. And no I've never heard horror stories about boosting a lower comp ITR motor

I call u E cause I'm too lazy to type out the whole thing, didn't know there was another e aboard
Bah, I saw 12:1 and i assumed you meant that's what you put in your B16B block... but everything else I still stand by lol

Bah, I saw 12:1 and i assumed you meant that's what you put in your B16B block... but everything else I still stand by lol
Lol, see there u went jumping to conclusions, I have this saying I don't assume shit cause when u do u usually make an ass of yourself :) not saying u did. But just so it's known i've considered turboing it when I got it, but backed away from the idea cause of what i've seen plus I've never had an all out motor setup and wanted to see what it's like and how much power I could get out of it with what i've done to it and spray. But it might be a while before I'm done cause I gotta drop my tranny this week to see what's wrong with it, hopefully nothing cause I' just gave my type r tranny to one of my boys and I don't like being an indian giver, plus I did all this work to the motor in Oct. and now I see they have the pro 2 cams and I want those now. that's alwys my problem I'll see one thing that I like and i'll get it then as soon as they come out with something a lil better I have to get that to.

Blah blah blah ok I'm through ranting and raving

did someone say rave?!?! BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH *waves around glow stix* wooooooooo

DANCE PARTY!!!! DANCE PARTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *looks for frat brothers to fight* :D

Last edited:
did someone say rave?!?! BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH BOOM CH *waves around glow stix* wooooooooo

DANCE PARTY!!!! DANCE PARTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U clown, That's y I love this board ya'll are all around good natured set of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back