altima

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so this mourning i get in the car and it turns on fine..after 30 miles of driving.....i get to 7-11 and when i get back in the car ...it wont crank....so i check the battery...and try to get a jump...nothing.....so this guy pushes the car and i pop it into reverse and it turns on....when i get to work, i let it cool down and went to go turn it on....nothing

i think its the starter....or the ignition/ tumblers or somthing...

any thoughts comments suggestions

either starter or flywheel. i had the same problem for a while, had to push myself off everywhere i went ;p

if you can't start it with the ignition and it cranks strong and you're able to pop start it, it's most likely the starter.

I had to push the Audi everywhere to pop start it...But it was just a crappy battery and I knew it. I just didn't have the 75 bucks for those few days.

Audi's are heavy, pushing that bitch down NYC streets isn't easy. No one helps either.. They'll honk and tell you to "get the fuck outta here", at least in BK they do.

if you can't start it with the ignition and it cranks strong and you're able to pop start it, it's most likely the starter.

it wont crank...nothing...the lights just stay on

But you're able to pop start it and have a constant 12+V?

Try jumping the starter with the battery and see what happens.

i have to get a manual at the store...does anyone know of a free online manual???

could also possibly be the ignition.

when i had my problems i replaced ignition/dist/starter then finally the flywheel. turns out the flywheel was cracked in half. id had tried to check out the flywheel as best i could, teeth were always fine and i guess the wheel was never rotated to where i could see the crack.

I don't know about any online manuals for Altima's...

but, I'm pretty sure if you're turning the key all the way, and the lights on the dash don't go out (when you have the key in the "start" position), theres something up with the cylinder/column

if thats any help

i have em' at work if you end up needing one (ignition's w/keys)

i tried looking for it...i know its under the IM...but i cant see it....fuck i hate nissan...anyone ever changed one????

yeah but the IM is some what like a gsr (wierd placement of TB) so its under that and its getting dark and i have the rex in the garage on stands....

how much should a shop charge me for a starter install...i dont think i want to bother...and i have a liftime warantee at the auto part store for the starter

i guess ill have to do it....fuck first my dog gets sic $185, the i get sick$85+66+150+50....now the starter......

Back