aluminum lug nuts safe ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
im wanting some green lug nuts but all i can find are some that are made of aluminum, im some what worried about that, im afraid they will strip or i wont be able to tighten them up good. ive never used them on any of my cars, so if there not safe let me know, keep in mind this will be going on a daily driver civic, no road course or anything.

those are fine

they have steel bodies with an aluminum cap

just make sure you get the right type for your rims (cone or acorn shaped)

yeah the ones i was looking at are all forged alloy. green is hard to find in the right shade lol

aluminum and steel do not get along well... and can cause rapid corrosion and loss of structural strength

not a good thing when talking about what holds the wheels on your car

there are coatings and such that can keep this from happening... but why risk it for pretty lug nuts

why not just get some painted???

dang i didnt even know they sold lugs thanks man

as B said i wouldnt worry about it so much as there a lots of things that use aluminum lugs i used to have a set of spoon magnesium lugs and titanium studs on my ek never had a problem with them

I love how they claim that lighter lug nuts will provide "more power to the wheels" and "better braking" lol... scraping the bottom of the performance barrel :D

no its not scraping of the bottom of the performance barrel. Reduicing rotating mass is one of the best performance increases for any car where every OZ. counts

Back