Always wear your gear -- all of it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can count only twice I havent worn full gear! I put on a hoodie to ride to the next street over to get gas and the other time I was testing out the new sprocket we just put on and I was in shorts and burned the inside of my ankle. (lesson learned) I havent gone down yet but if I do Ill be prepped. ALWAYS suited up!
I have seen too many cases.
In fact, today I saw the dumbest tool bag ever! He was riding shirtless with board shorts on and tennis shoes. Really? He looked like a guido. I feel kind of bad for saying I wish he would crash and burn but when you are that supid, I think it would help clear the road of idiots.
I saw another girl go down not too long ago, I felt so bad for her. I pulled over to help her until EMS showed up. Someone came over on her while doing about 40mph in traffic, they were trying to avoid rear ending the car in front of them (at Central and 183 by Calesta's) and clipped her rear tire. She rolled a few times and was a little distraught but ok thankfully she had all her gear on.

Glad to hear that you are ok, it could have been much worse!

Back