Am I in the right forum???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FObangah

Im currently looking into an 87 Si and after reading the faq I thought." hey, I guess Ill look into the civic crx-EW forums for some ideas." but all I see is a bunch of damn 4th gen crap. What the hell????
Any how, I guess I'll pop off a few questions to see if I can get the ball rolling. I want to buy this 87 CRX Si because I have some kind of freakish attatchment to the one just like it I own3d about 3 years ago. The guy selling it says " the motor is dead" Normally when I hear someone state it this way it leads me to believe it may not be dead at all. He had a new clutch put in about 2000 miles ago, When it stoped running, he installed new plugs,wires,swapped all fluids (even tranny) in an attempt to get it running again. I'm probally gonna scoop it for about $200 and wanted to know about how much would the D16 DOHC swap could set me back or even a place to find a reman. or used D15a3 to replace the one it has. I was also looking for any ideas you guys might have for a dirt-cheap daily driver build up on this little penny racer.

your best option is to buy a complete 86-87 Integra with the DOHC D16A1 and swap the engine, transmission, axles, knuckles/hubs, shift linkage and ECU into the Si - everything bolts right in - for a little more money, you could also get a JDM "browntop" DOHC ZC instead of the D16A1 and have about 130hp instead of the 113hp of the D16A1

Unlike most noobs', Ive read the FAQ and Im completely aware of the options, Im looking more for a price estimate from someone that may have bought the parts needed ( or KNOWS someone) and has performed the swap. Thanks for the info though.
Any ideas for this project like cosmetics, performance goodies, and what not???

if you look around you can find an old integra for under 500 bucks and your swap is pretty much paid for using those parts

Back