Am i losing any back pressure?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiR II

This is probbaly a pointless post and im 99% sure of the answer but just wanna make sure :mrgreen: . I have a b16 in my ek with a megan racing header with a 2.25" collector, a high flow car, 2.25" custom piping, but my magnaflow muffler is 2.5", not 2.25" which i ordered (they sent me the wrong one)...so with my muffler being .25" bigger will i be losing ANY backpressure what so ever? It almost seems a tad slower 0-4K but i know its just me...anyone? :confused:

Back pressure is the devil.

Seriously, backpressure is BAD. Read up on it, screw the myth.

Now, you can have an exhaust that is too large, therefore trashing the scavenging effect, but that is actually a suction, as in, negative pressure for the next cylinder's exhaust to be sucked out of the cylinder. Pick up a performance exhaust book or look it up on the good ol' internet.

k thx bye.

P.S. the extra 1/4 inch in the muffler isnt going to do anything to harm performance. Thats just inlet/outlet size, the muffler would have been the exact same size with 2.25" I/Os. You are pushing the edge of too big with a 1.6l running on 2.25" exhaust, but you should be fine. If you ever decided to run nos, it'll help that much more. Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Back pressure is the devil.

Seriously, backpressure is BAD. Read up on it, screw the myth.

Now, you can have an exhaust that is too large, therefore trashing the scavenging effect, but that is actually a suction, as in, negative pressure for the next cylinder's exhaust to be sucked out of the cylinder. Pick up a performance exhaust book or look it up on the good ol' internet.

k thx bye.

P.S. the extra 1/4 inch in the muffler isnt going to do anything to harm performance. Thats just inlet/outlet size, the muffler would have been the exact same size with 2.25" I/Os. You are pushing the edge of too big with a 1.6l running on 2.25" exhaust, but you should be fine. If you ever decided to run nos, it'll help that much more. Good luck.

:werd: and :werd:

Back