Am I missing something...anything? lots o' pics...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pulling my weak D series out the 23rd and slapping this swap in and hopefully within 3 weeks it will be done along with my interior and my front end swap.
Just posting these pics, so if you see anything wrong / broken / missing please just post.
I know i need the following:
Dizzy - its sitting up in my room
wires and plugs--will come
crank pully--chipped
the sensor on the very right of the throttle body, its black and its broken if you can see...with the 3 prongs, whats the proper name?
and ill replace the clutch and the TOB when it goes turbo in a few more months. Ill just repack and clean the TOB since it seems fine and Acura wants $57 for a new one on a week wait to get it in :blink:
wMTE1NzQ4NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ4ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ4OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ5MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ5MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ5NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg
wMTE1NzQ5NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

also please excuse the dirtyness of the tranny and motor. I didnt get a chance to clean them yet, the tranny i just hosed off a bit, and the motor is exactly as it came from the place. Both tranny and motor are " straight from japan" and i bought them both off of 2 little japanese men, so hopefully they are true JDM.

well, you still have the motor out of the car. change the water pump, timing belt, main seal, and maybe the oil pan gasket.

Quoted post[/post]]
well, you still have the motor out of the car. change the water pump, timing belt, main seal, and maybe the oil pan gasket.

Yes, i was going to change all the major parts at one time. It may sound stupid, but i plan to really just slap it all together like this, then replace everything (timing belt, water pump, thermostat, clutch, TOB, main seal) after i get it running. Only for the fact that My warranty on this trans runs out in 3 weeks. I would hate to wait a extra week, get all the new parts in and then have my $1000 trans grind in every gear after the warranty runs out. Plus right now im doing the swap in my garage since my boss dosent want the car sitting in the shop. After it gets running and i can drive it to work i have full access on saturdays to 3 lifts, all the air tools i need...and every other tool...plus a few mechanics willing to help this noob :mrgreen:

Back