1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I outta mah mind?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jamesA, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I just said thank you to a cop. :confused:

I'm sittin on my porch a bit ago and this lady in a sable is drivin slow, turns down the side street by my house, makes a u turn and goes and sits in the empty parking lot in front of my house.

I see her get out, walk across the street and grab something then slowly return to her car. As she's returning to her car crossing the street some douchebag is floating down the street and honks at her. Apparently it'd gotten called in cause here comes a new haven pd car, flips his lights and stops her before she leaves.

She'd apparently saw something by a trash can that she wanted, and someone saw the car almost hit her.

So I called NHPD and asked that the officer stop by so I can thank him for stopping to talk to her. Turns out he's one of the younger newer cops on the force and is genuinely concerned for peoples well being. Nice guy, actually. Started telling me all the really hot spots he sits to give tickets. lol

I actually thanked a small town cop tonight and shook his hand even. Felt good. I just hope within 5 years he's not a giant dick like the cop that pulled me over last year in "fog" for not having my headlights on when he was sitting on the side of the road with no parking lamps on during school hours.

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

its a good deed man :thumbsup:

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

:werd: Though, for every good cop there's probably about 5 dicks.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Nah. Other way around in my experience. Those guys really do hang it out on the line for us out there.

5. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

I must be in the extreme minority, I have always had pretty good encounters with law enforcement. Never been hassled over my car or anything like that before.

6. jamesA

The younger the cop, the better the encounter I've had with them.

Aside from the one officer who had grey hair at the time he pulled me over, any local cop thats been in his 20s or 30s has been great, any of them that are 40+ have been overbearing jackasses.

I'd say its right around a 1/4 to jackass/cool cop ratio around here.

7. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I'd say 9 good for 1 bad in Anne Arundel county. I wouldn't doubt that being right for most of the country. People just hate police for their own reasons. When you go into something expected something bad, you tend to get something bad. That's just how it works.

For the most part younger = more likely to get a ticket. and as always, how you treat them tends to directly relate to how they treat you.

8. jamesA

Well yes and no, I treat an older cop the same as I would a younger cop, but I'd use a better dialogue with the older cop.

example; I'm not going to walk up to an older cop and say "whats up man?" Like I would to an officer that is my age. For the most part they'd probably find that somewhat disrespectful. The one that pulled me over last year never even bothered to let me talk anyway. He sat there going a mile a minute about how I should have headlights on, and how he's been an officer for 27 years, and blah blah blah.

The guy last night, if he was pulling me over he wouldn't have done that.

9. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Like anything, there's good cops and bad cops.

10. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I got a warning on Friday for speeding somewhere in north carolina.

The trooper felt bad that he woke my dad up. lol.

I was kinda pissed off, because I was the slowest guy on the road in that particular stretch.

11. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Cops here in Virginia are not too bad, I'd say more good than bad. I got pulled over doing 80+ in a 65 and I told the cop that I swear I had the cruise set on 70. He threw my license back and said to be safe and get my speedometer recalibrated.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted