Am I over thinking this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I am going to start my swap today and I was going over everything, and maybe I am just over thinking this but, when people say that they are using the del Sol harness, they are talking about on the engine side, or on the Chassis side?

I am going to use the p72 ECU, and would like to use the GSR harness on the Engine side, with the del sol harness on the chassis side.

Will this work and will the only things that I need to change is add a wire on the Chassis side with the del sol harness for the IAB and knock sensor?

if both your motor and your car are obd1, just use the gsr harness dude. it will plug right it at the shock tower.

BUT- you are going to have to run the wires for the iab and knock from the passenger side shock tower down to the ecu.

NEVER mess with the chassis harness.... you'll be ripping out your whoel dash all the way back to yoru tail lights. thats no fun :D

basically, you want to run a quick adapter wire from thock tower trough firewall to the ecu. thats it.
consult our swap section for th epinouts for the gsr swap in the 5th gen section.

Thanks b. That is what I thought.

The other wire I have to do is the Knock sensor so I will have to do a little read up on how to do that when I get done pulling the sol's engine.

its all here dude...

https://hondaswap.com/swap/viewer.php?id=57

B18C1/P72: 7 wires

VTEC Solenoid Yellow/Green A4
VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor Blue D6
VTEC Ground Black Chassis Ground
Knock Sensor Red/Blue D3
Evap Purge Power Yellow/Black 12V Power
Evap Purge Solenoid Red A20
Secondary Intake Solenoid (IAB) Pink/Blue A17

Back