Am I wrong here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
Ok so today the El Paso Hooters sent me a banner for the car show next month, since they know I'm always down there participating in stuff like that. I found the banner to be slightly incorrect from my way of thinking, so I wrote them back. The conversation is below from myspace. read from the bottom up, and let me know if I'm entirely wrong or if I make sense.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What?????? If that is a local slang you use that's ok but don't say it includes it cause it don't. Search google or any search engine, pick up any sport compact magazine, it will tell you that Euro, Eurocars, or Euro cars are cars from Europe. To be specific it's an import car from Europe so it falls under the category of IMPORTS no the other way around. As for your VIP term I didn't say anything about VIP but yes you are right BMW's and Mercedes would fall in the VIP section because of their class, but where are they manufactured? Europe. So they can fall under either the VIP or Euro section. So to make a long story short, IMPORTS includes Euros, and VIPS.
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jul 6, 2007 4:18 PM

Way back when we used to still park at Toys-R-Us, the definition of Euros evolved. People who did not have mini trucks or low riders were considered Euros....Hondas, VWs, Mazdas, Toyotas..etc. Now if you want to get specific, the term VIP is used for "high end" vehicles at some shows. VIPs usually include BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and so forth. So to make a long story short, Euros includes Imports, VIPs, and European
Date: Jul 6, 2007 11:05 AM

Clarification needed. The flyer says classics, euro's, bikes, and lowriders, what about imports? Euros are just one type of imports from Europe hence why they are called euros, what about the rest of us?

Only use one question or exclamation mark. The people you're dealing with don't see it as extreme confusion, they see it as immaturity.

Next, while not wrong I do think you approached the situation the wrong way. Arguing with someone on a message board is one thing, but something like this should be handled a little more professionally. You say something more like, "I noticed that you don't have Imports listed, why is that?" Then when you get the answer you got you say, "I see what you're saying but my car is Japanese not European. I appreciate that you sent this banner to me but I'm afraid I'll have to decline on putting it on. I'll be more than happy to return it to you."
Constructive critisicm appreciated on both accounts, thanks Blanco

Euro means car from Europe

that's it, period end of story.

that's like rednecks who call all manner of soda "a coke". No it isn't you fucking hick, that's a 7UP!

They work for Hooters, they probably didn't even know Europe was a place.

ive heard import cars (Japanese/European manufactured) called Euros before. hell Lowrider Magazine has a separate magazine called Lowrider Euro that has Hondas, VWs, hell even American sport compacts in it. its like calling my bagged Ranger a lowrider which is what most people call it. i tell them its a minitruck and then procede to give them my defination of a lowrider and see they my point and start laughing in agreeance. so, dont get your panties in a bunch. just let them call it what they wanna call it and be done with it.

oh and ive never heard of Mercedes, BMWs, etc classified as "VIP". they usually get put in the either "Luxury Cars" or "Other Import Car" classes at shows.

Euro means car from Europe

that's it, period end of story.

that's like rednecks who call all manner of soda "a coke". No it isn't you fucking hick, that's a 7UP!

ANother person that agrees with me. I can't even count the arguements I've been in over the soda, coke, and pop deal. Now I'm tryna break my girl out of that habit. Everyday I'm like what you got to drink and she's like "cokes". THen it's an arguement cause I'm like, " you know I don't drink coke so why would you tell me cokes". and then she says "well you know what I mean". "No i don't know what you mean, coke refers to coca cola all sodas aren't made by that company, there's coke products and pepsi products and some other shit. Sprite, Pepsi, mountain dew, etc.

They work for Hooters, they probably didn't even know Europe was a place.

:lol:

He replied, and so did I, again read from the bottom up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the invite, and if I'm in town during that time I'll stop by to show support but I just won't be entering my vehicle as I do not have any vehicle that falls under the classes listed
From: <a href='http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=157159174&MyToken=139cc3b6-38dc-400f-8045-11d9af4e3592'>ELP Hooters Car Show</a>
Date: Jul 6, 2007 6:12 PM

Look, I do not want to make this into an argument...to me, to us, to those of us who have been tuning this vehicle type since the early eighties called Euros the name before there was a Yahoo or a Dogpile search engine. Euro is not a derivative from European, it was used to describe a certain modded vehicle which was not a lowrider, bike, truck, or stock vehicle. If you do not like the terminology, so be it, the posters will not be changed. If you would still like to come to the show, that will be great.
BTW, catch Performance BMW in a couple of months to read about my wide body BMW….without a mention of the word Euro

Back