AMD 64 3000+ Venice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I just built a new system about 2 mos ago and i posted the specs before. Im still tinkering with it and havent gotten all my parts yet; just the monitor.

Anyway, i have it set at 2.2ghz from 1.8 with the HTT at 245mhz. I have shitty ram so im running a divider. I forgot which one. Anyway, i got adventurus and wanted to see how far i can push my system. I upped the HTT to 300mhz and the vcore to 1.450v. I put on a bigger divider and upped the vdimm to 2.8v. I fired the thing up and it actually booted. I set all my fans to full speed and ran SuperPI. It did the 1M in 32seconds! Before it was like 37seconds. I copied a movie, but that didnt improve speed much. Took about 28minutes. Everything was stable. 12V rail was 12.08. Chip temp was 41C full load with DVDshrink. Chipset was at 43C. It was stable for that moment.

I didnt prime it or ran the 32M on SuperPI. It was pretty loud and i was nervous. I have a stock heatsink/fan, with 120mm for the front intake and 80mm for the side. I have two 80mm fans for exhaust.

Anyone have any experience with watercooling? I was thinking a Corsair kit. Its a rebagded Swiftech. Ive heard good things about the Swiftech. Especially the MCP350 pump. The water block is good, but no DangerDen. Also the Raditor is a 120mm Black Ice Pro. Its around 200 bucks. I dont really want to piece my own because im uncomfortable enough about putting water in a computer and i just spent $800 on it. Im poor.

Hopefully, if i get some money i can get really memory. something like drr500 or some OCZ and just crank up the speed. Also replace my exhaust fans and 120mm for Yate Loons. Rebadged Nexus fans. B)

Specs: For those who missed it.
AMD 3000+ Venice
DFI Ultra-D Motherboard
Corsair 2x512MB Value RAM
eVGA 6600GT
OCZ Modstream 450WATT PSU
Aerocool JetEngine Case
Plextor 716SA DVD+/-R
Lite On DVD-ROM
Logitech X530 5.1
Micro$oft wireless keyboard and mouse
Windows XP Pro SP2

Cliffnote: Built new system. 1.8ghz overclocked to 2.2ghz. Wanted more so went to 2.7ghz. Got scared and went back down to 2.2ghz

The venice cores are supposedly getting to 2.5ghz easy. Half get to 2.7ghz. Plus you get the E revision with SSE3. However important that is, but now they are supporting DDR500 with BIOS updates to the boards.

Dont you have a winnie? I heard the late model ones have crappy mem. controllers.

ewiz.com is having a sale for OEM 3000+ for like $115.

Yea got a winny, good and stable, but the multipliers are locked at x11 :( But it is a older one, well, I guess older older is a relative term :)

yeah, no shit. and i can't even get it there. i'm not pleased at all with amd.

dude, there's something wrong with something if you can't even run your chip at factory specs. I'd call AMD and your board manufacturer.

not worth it. its been like this for like 2 years probably...

i HAD a new computer coming in, but the fucktard scammed me for 1200 bucks....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 13 2005, 07:12 PM
not worth it. its been like this for like 2 years probably...

i HAD a new computer coming in, but the fucktard scammed me for 1200 bucks....
[post=525476]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, you never got you money or the computer from the cumdumpster? Sorry to hear it, that is shitty.

What MoBo do you have? Have you looked in the BIOS to see if it can get clocked through set up, or do you have to jump it? I ask because VMware kept telling me my CPU was rungging at half speed, seemed ok, but sure enough, I checked it in set up and some how the multiplier was at 5 instead of 11, cranked it back up, and no problems since.

I know absolutely NOTHING about computer water cooling. Hold on... BRB.

Gotta go flush the radiator out again. :D

comp_water_refill_med_17.jpg

More:

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/comp/flush_refill/

I built my own setups for a few years, then got lazy and bought a Koolance II system when it came out 3-4 years ago. It's not the best in terms of cooling performance, but it's pretty damn good and extremely reliable out of the box. One bonus is that Koolance was the only company with a pre-built reliable (proven!) system at the time. They're still pretty good if that's the route you want to take.

Back