America sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No Im not retarded, you are though. I work with Europeans all day long. Everyone of em left Europe because of all the shit they had to put up with. While it is different for an American to go to Europe, its not as bad as you seem to think.

Moving to a new country is only similar to moving to a new state. Your starting with nothing but your savings, you dont know anyone or the area.

Why dont you think about it for a second, if Europe is so fuckin much better why are soo many ppl leavin it? Even still ppl are jumpin at the chance to come to America.

Moving to a new country is only similar to moving to a new state. Your starting with nothing but your savings, you dont know anyone or the area.

im not merely talking about the small actualities of moving to a new place.
im talking about the legalities and the physical ability to remain within the new country, you know, after the temporary visa expires.
and every country you go to, every single one will have people who hate it. its unavoidable, but this is all being brought up by the deception and bullshit that our government to force feeding us right now.

like i said, if i had the means necessary, i would be far from this country in a heartbeat.
you willing to pay the tab? because if you are willing to help afford the people who want to leave, then i'll be more than happy to help you set that up.

Even though it's thrown around all the time, the 'if you don't like it then get out' thing doesn't work with the US. We're free to both complain about the problems with our country and work to make them better. The fact that we can be dissatisfied about our nation, complain about it and work to change it puts us ahead of most other countries in the world. Just leaving is giving up. :D

I'm not sure I would call it giving up. I don't know what exactly I would call it, but certainly not giving up--at least for now.

You think its easier for any foriegner to stay in the US then for an American to stay in any other country? I sure hope not, cuz that couldn't be farther from the truth. Yet there are tons of ppl in the US, legally mind you, than aren't citizens.

And like it was already said, good luck goin to another country and complainin about any little thing at all. Send me a letter from your cement 5 by 5 with no windows.

wow, you are grossly exaggerating.
other countries may not have a freedom of speech, but there are very few that will lock you up for complaining about the government.

i personally have not had the pleasure of living in other countries, and im assuming that question was towards newb, but im going to answer as well.
I have had many friends that lived abroad. my 11th grade german teacher lived in munich for a good period of time, he loved it, but was forced to come back.
i have many friends that lived in england, one that is a born citizen of england.
it doesnt matter how many people are HERE legally, it really only seems hard for mexicans to become legal now because of the number that are illegal.
from what i have been told by all of the people that have been to those countries, the story seems to follow this guidline:
they hate americans right now.
and its damn near impossible, unless you have a business backing you or connections to get legalized in some countries.
they dont want us. we have been blackballed basically.

from what i have seen, read, been told, and researched, those countries really enjoy about the same freedoms we do, but they arent RIGHTS. which means their government pretty much says "go ahead and enjoy these privilages, but know that if you fuck up, we will take them away from you."
our government says "these are your rights, but we'll slowly take these from you anyway."

i would rather be in a country that doesnt give the impression that they are free but for the most part pretty much are, than be in a country that promises freedoms and rights but doesnt allow them to be exercised as they are written in our constitution.

Everyone needs to keep in mind the simple fact that leaving the country in which you reside isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Everyone needs to keep in mind the simple fact that leaving the country in which you reside isn't a right, it's a privilege.

If leaving were a privilege that would mean you're essentially a prisoner in your own country should the government change its mind on the subject. At least here, I'd consider it more of a right.

Which leads into:

from what i have seen, read, been told, and researched, those countries really enjoy about the same freedoms we do, but they arent RIGHTS. which means their government pretty much says "go ahead and enjoy these privilages, but know that if you fuck up, we will take them away from you."
our government says "these are your rights, but we'll slowly take these from you anyway."

You're technically right on both parts, but what is supposed to be said by the US is basically the opposite of your first example. Instead of what the other countries have: "Go ahead and enjoy these privileges, but know that if you fuck up, we will take them away from you.", we (technically) have "These rights and freedoms are intrinsic to being a human being and US citizen, and the government cannot take them away." Of course public apathy allows the government to slowly take them away, but that's the way it's set up, at least.

Last edited:
Back