american idiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
ya know, i'm not a real big green day fan... in fact, the last cd i actually listened to all the way through was 95's Dookie...
but, american idiot is a pretty damn good cd. i listened to it today at work... and i think i'll be listening to it again soon.

thoughts?

Green day is now audible in every corner of the world. Caves in Iceland, Saharan plains, and it's even faintly audible in Siberia.

It's everywhere. And for that, I hate it.

I know I'm going to catch flak for this, because I have an opinion for everything, but you asked for my thoughts: So crack open a beer and read:

I hate Green Day for the same reason I hate Europe. It's fans, and their apparent love affair with the anus. Whenever I see the cops outside of a house, and a bunch of kids with no shirts on - I can hear GreenDay somewhere in the background. My friend's pedophile neighbor who snaps pictures of his 12 year old daughter and her friends dancing to - you guessed it - Green Day. They blast it, and they assume I want to hear it more than the ghetto clowns assume I want to hear Usher.

And I hate Usher.

I hate Usher for the same reason I hate Europe.....

i feel you on the crammin of other music into your ears but i gotta give it to greenday just because they havent really changed since dookie. yeah they matured in writing but the style hasnt changed which has been played for years. but i havent heard the cd just whats on the radio and its good id rather hear them than the other whinny white boys that cry when they sing

Growing up right outside of Berkeley I heard alot of Green Day and it forced me to not like them anymore it was just too much but American Idiot is damn good, I was listening to it earlier actually.

Quoted post[/post]]
ya know, i'm not a real big green day fan... in fact, the last cd i actually listened to all the way through was 95's Dookie...
but, american idiot is a pretty damn good cd. i listened to it today at work... and i think i'll be listening to it again soon.

thoughts?

:thumbsup:

Green day is one of my favorite bands.

IMO this is my order from least listened to to most;
Dookie -> Warning -> Nimrod -> American Idiot

I bought Nimrod first, then got Dookie then got Warning when it came out and now I listen to AI pretty much all the time when I put a green day cd in.

Green Day makes me want to scream and stab knives into my ears. And of all people who call everything in the world gay,(pissedoffsol), listens to a flaming gay band and likes it. Go fuckin figure.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think their best album is Kerplunk, personally.
Haha, they stayed at my friends house on that tour the first time in Austin, and he got them sick and they cancelled some shows. Then when they came back we got them way trashed at the old radio station our friends "lived" in.

Quoted post[/post]]
i feel you on the crammin of other music into your ears but i gotta give it to greenday just because they havent really changed since dookie. yeah they matured in writing but the style hasnt changed which has been played for years. but i havent heard the cd just whats on the radio and its good id rather hear them than the other whinny white boys that cry when they sing
This is a valid point. I guess they didn't start the whole Guns N Roses shit (Remember when Paradise City came out? Oh shit.. most of you were 12. Damn.)

But yeah, everyone says they sold out because you can find 1 or 2 songs on easy listening. But overall, the second album being as musically creative as the 1st isn't a bad thing.

Quoted post[/post]]

thoughts?

Give me novacaine

Dookie was the best Greenday CD ever. . . IMO they have already hit their peak.

Damn B, I thought you were always up to date with music. This CD has been out forever. :p

Green Day rocks, and AI is pretty good. Jesus of Suburbia kicks ass. :thumbsup:

I agree with James on the albums but replace Insomniac with Warning. Never really was a fan of Warning.

:doh: I forgot about Insomniac. I have basically all but their realllllly old stuff, and I like it all. But the newer stuff is what I listen to most.

i like the albumn, but i hate the american idiot song

I really don't give a shit who sings it, who likes them, what type of music there playing etc. . . If a song sounds good to me, I like it, and I do enjoy the songs off that album, so its a :thumbsup: from me.

im bored as shit with green day and i wish everyone would get off there nuts.

every single time a green day cd comes out people flip over it, omg its awesome, omg its innovative, omg its revolutionary, omg give them a grammy

every green day cd sounds the fucking same. its all 3 chord pop punk bullshit that millions of other bands do.

green day was one of my gateway bands into punk music when i was in middleschool, but i can honestly say i dont care for them anymore.

the media just hypes them up and they are marketed well and everyone buys into it. its all the same shit they were playing 10 years ago.

been a semi fan for years (since kerplunk...way back when) but not huge on them by any stretch of the imagination.But...American Idoit has got to be one of the best rock albums of the past 10 years....they out did themselves and deserve the credit for it.

Back