american idiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

see, thats what i felt about nimrod and warning and all the brain stew crap they put out... but this album, while not technically innovative, has some real good lyrics and *gasp* there's even a solo in one of the tracks. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
I really don't give a shit who sings it, who likes them, what type of music there playing etc. . . If a song sounds good to me, I like it, and I do enjoy the songs off that album, so its a :thumbsup: from me.

my thoughts exactly!!!

I'm on nobody's team. I dislike the current administration as much as anyone - My stance on it is, if you're not a citizen of this country, shut up. Because you just don't know. The policies and procedures that are implemented by this administration DO NOT AFFECT YOU. Well, sure, on the global stage of economics, international travel, shit like that. But what I'm getting at here, is untill you've lived in this country, under the neocon regime, you simply DON'T KNOW. Not even the half of it.

Enjoy "Canada" while you can. At this rate we'll be rolling into town sooner than later. Say hello to America Junior.

Uhhh..... Not cool man.

But yeah. I got that cd the day it came out. Only song I dislike is American idiot, just as its really annoying to me. The rest is good and just flows. First time listening to the cd, I didn't skip a track and really enjoyed the cd.

OMFG. this thread is about a fucking CD. not political bullshit.

cant you bitches just NOT TALK ABOUT POLITICS IN ONE THREAD??

Quoted post[/post]]
Uhhh..... Not cool man.

But yeah. I got that cd the day it came out. Only song I dislike is American idiot, just as its really annoying to me. The rest is good and just flows. First time listening to the cd, I didn't skip a track and really enjoyed the cd.

What's not cool? That I'm voicing my opinion?

Quoted post[/post]]

I've been holding back for a long time. It just burns me when people come along and judge without knowing what it's really about.

________

As far as the CD goes: It's catchy. Decent music to just listen to. But it does sound like a lot of their other material.

EDIT: You know what... fuck it. I was just responding to her comment. Every time I post something from my heart or from my head, people get all butthurt, so I'm just going to stop doing it altogether. Fuck it.

green day isnt that bad, but ive only heard like 4 or 5 of their songs. I stick closer to hip-hop, and r&b. rock and tech arent that far away, but you cant say it sucks until you try it.

90% of the american populace listens to R&B.

There is that 90% figure again... see a connection ?

Quoted post[/post]]

That's what American Idiot is though. (No offense to your comment.) Green Day made a HUGE political statement all over that cd. Sure, it's "just music", but that was their best way to voice their opinion. I disagree with their opinion, but the cd is good. I'm just not that big of a fan of Green Day. To me, they have more talent than what they are using.

Musicians should be making political statements like politicians should be making music.

Shut up, no one cares about your political views. You're a musician, so stick to what you do: making music.

Quoted post[/post]]
Musicians should be making political statements like politicians should be making music.

Shut up, no one cares about your political views. You're a musician, so stick to what you do: making music.

so that being said.....

The Beatles, Bob Dilan, Bob Marley, Rage Against the Machine, Madonna, NWA..etc.etc. should stop writing music because the speak their mind and happen to have political views to go along wth that. Saying that is just plain ignorant and dumb!!! I mean really think about that statement.......

Political viewpoints and standings is where many musicians find their inspiration for such great music.

Back