american idiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
The Beatles, Bob Dilan, Bob Marley, Rage Against the Machine, Madonna, NWA..etc.etc. should stop writing music because the speak their mind and happen to have political views to go along wth that. Saying that is just plain ignorant and dumb!!! I mean really think about that statement.......
I never said anyone should stop writing music, or that someone shouldn't draw inspiration from certain events.

I *did* say that they should stop thinking that people give a rat's ass about their political views, and keep it out of their music. It's the same thing with celebrities who think that anyone gives a hoot about how they feel about the current administration. Shut up and go back to making movies.

Hmm... we can sure tell YOUR political orientation.

Stripping people of their rights and opinions = the neocon's weapon of choice.

EDIT: You know what... fuck it. I was just responding to her comment. Every time I post something from my heart or from my head, people get all butthurt, so I'm just going to stop doing it altogether. Fuck it.

dont stop...its your right...lol....as an american...lol

BTW green day is so 1996

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
OMFG. this thread is about a fucking CD. not political bullshit.

cant you bitches just NOT TALK ABOUT POLITICS IN ONE THREAD??

That's what American Idiot is though. (No offense to your comment.) Green Day made a HUGE political statement all over that cd. Sure, it's "just music", but that was their best way to voice their opinion. I disagree with their opinion, but the cd is good. I'm just not that big of a fan of Green Day. To me, they have more talent than what they are using.

yeah, i get your point. it IS a political album. buuut... the thread topic was about how B likes the album.

Threebrain > Green Day

Actually, Threebrain > *

Incredibly deep lyrics and incredibly moving music wrapped in a low quality package. A diamond in the rough, I tells ya!

If I had to characterize which way I lean by attempting to "average" every vote I've made, it's probably a VERY slight lean to the right, but only because I was brought up by Republican parents. Seriously, my votes are all over the place. Democrat, Republican, conservative, liberal.

I like this new "neocon" word. :) It takes the place of "Nazi", probably because too many people were complaining about how it was being used.

I think I'm in a similar stance, but slightly left-wing. I'm pretty conservative on some things, but on other things I'm pretty liberal.

However, I completely disagree with you regarding everyone who isn't a politician shutting up. That, quite frankly, is the LAST thing we need.

Politicians are much too powerful to be left to their own devices. Public opinion is what keeps them in check, and without highly visible figures at least bringing the issues to public awareness, a great number of people wouldn't even pay attention to the policies that are going to effect their lives.

I suppose you could argue that anyone who forms an opinion only after hearing [famous person]'s probably isn't someone that we really need to be voting. However, they are entitled to their opinion (however influenced it may be), and denying them the process in which they reach that opinion is not right.

In a nutshell: If you read this, good job! /gold star

Well, I know it sounds like it based on my posts, but I wasn't telling everyone who isn't a politician to shut up.

I guess what I'm tired of is, people in the national spotlight (musicians and celebrities happened to be my examples) thinking that we should for some reason listen to them solely because they get exposed to us through radio, TV, magazines, etc. Personally, I've never been one to listen to a band/musician for their opinions. Who gives a fuck? You make music! That makes you as qualified to talk about politics as my job as an architect does for me. I've actually been turned away from a particular band/musician because he/she/they felt the need to be overly political in their music.

OK, I'm done ranting. :)

ew, one of their worse albums, imo. remember..OPINION. I liked Dookie the best, then Kerplunk. Nimrod was the first step down the hill and they havent looked up since. Green Day have passed their prime, and their days of making good music.

it went from punk to softy-radio pussy pop punk, oh wait...thats popular now...

I can agree with that. They have every right to voice their opinion as loudly as they want to, as long as they don't do it for the wrong reasons.

For example: The Dixie Chicks. It's nice that you have an opinion, and are willing to annihilate your career for it. Way to get yourselves removed from the radio - I didn't like your music anyway. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
ew, one of their worse albums, imo. remember..OPINION. I liked Dookie the best, then Kerplunk. Nimrod was the first step down the hill and they havent looked up since. Green Day have passed their prime, and their days of making good music.

it went from punk to softy-radio pussy pop punk, oh wait...thats popular now...

see, i hate punk music.... so thats probably why i never got into the other stuff. this one is more mellow and "fuel"-ish kinda lame- poprock stuff thats actually enjoyable to listen to

Wake me up when this song ends. That is pretty much the only song I don't like on the cd.

Quoted post[/post]]
Same shit, different album. More pop crap. Hopefully they go away soon.

amen brotha

after dookie everything went to shit

anyone that considers green day punk music needs to be shot. they go against everything that punk music stands for, this is why i hate the band

oh, and lmao @ their attempt at guitar solos.

Quoted post[/post]]
Threebrain > Green Day

Actually, Threebrain > *

Incredibly deep lyrics and incredibly moving music wrapped in a low quality package. A diamond in the rough, I tells ya!

Yes I'm quoting and replying to my own post, but Threebrain does daily flash animations every once in a while, and today's Daily sums him up perfectly, both personality and musically. A great introduction to the wonder that is Threebrain. :mrgreen:

10-6-05 Daily. Watch and listen. Work warning for one bad word.

:worthy:

Back