american idiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll admit it, Green Day USED to be punk. But when they signed that record deal, they turned their backs on what real PUNK is all about. They lost a lot of original fans who used to go see them in their early days at concerts because of that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'm on nobody's team. I dislike the current administration as much as anyone - My stance on it is, if you're not a citizen of this country, shut up. Because you just don't know. The policies and procedures that are implemented by this administration DO NOT AFFECT YOU. Well, sure, on the global stage of economics, international travel, shit like that. But what I'm getting at here, is untill you've lived in this country, under the neocon regime, you simply DON'T KNOW. Not even the half of it.

Enjoy "Canada" while you can. At this rate we'll be rolling into town sooner than later. Say hello to America Junior.

I hate to say it but, we could stand to follow that advice ourselves.

Oh, I totally agree with you. You don't see me judging other countries on a political basis, do you?

Quoted post[/post]]
Green day is now audible in every corner of the world. Caves in Iceland, Saharan plains, and it's even faintly audible in Siberia.

It's everywhere. And for that, I hate it.

:werd:

I definately agree with you on this one...I mean the album itself is decent, one of their better efforts for sure, but I'm getting pretty sick of how everyone and their moms are now creaming their pants over Green Day. It's almost gotten to the point where they could release a new song with lyrics like "hey we're Green Day and this song really fucking blows, but we're Green Day, so you'll like it anyway!" And people would indeed like it, if Green Day made it.

Quoted post[/post]]
90% of the american populace listens to R&B.

There is that 90% figure again... see a connection ?

Well I guess I'm in the minority then, I'd rather stab myself in the leg with blunt objects then willingly listen to rap or r&b.

It's a guilty pleasure of mine. some of the more remarkable songs and "bands" in the genre aren't too bad. I would have hated Dee Lite if I was to blindly hate disco (Of course, now I own a Jamiroquoi hat, so I may have gone too far). I totally rock out with fun songs like "Get low", "Ruff Riders", and I've even been known to blast Petey Pablo (Who actually kinda is talented... in a producer sorta way).

I like this album too, although it does have a lot of filler songs on it. The first 5 or 6 songs iirc are pretty damn good. I think they articulated politically a lot better than most anti-war bands of late, i.e. System of a Down's pathetic attempt at political ranting. Don't get me wrong, System makes kickass music, but they're no William Byrd lyrically.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's a guilty pleasure of mine. some of the more remarkable songs and "bands" in the genre aren't too bad. I would have hated Dee Lite if I was to blindly hate disco (Of course, now I own a Jamiroquoi hat, so I may have gone too far). I totally rock out with fun songs like "Get low", "Ruff Riders", and I've even been known to blast Petey Pablo (Who actually kinda is talented... in a producer sorta way).

to da windoooooooow to da wall!!! :ph34r: :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

to da windoooooooow to da wall!!! :ph34r: :laugh:

+1

too much to read.

Green Day's new album is good, I didn't bother listening to anything besides dookie or their new album. Weezers new CD isn't too bad either.

I'm not going into the "hip hop", I listen to a bunch of different kinds of music, it's changing a lot now that I'm spending more time in PA, with different people....

Back