amount of boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

how much boost would be safe to use on a stock b18b w 137xxx miles, engine runs strong, will rebuild in a few months after turbo is put on.

also, which would be the best turbo kit for the money, i dont have much $$$, so i was thinkin a TSI kit from prostreetonline.com , or does anyone know where i could get a turbonetics kit for around 3k. turbonetics comes out of the box set on 9psi, TSI kit is 6-7 psi, will be boosted up to 10-12 psi after motor is rebuilt

should i just go ls/vtec instead?
if so, and i had a shop do it, how much do u think it would run me?

ls/vtec instead of the turbo setup? or ls/vtec instead of the motor you have now + a turbo setup? each shops price will probably vary so call around and find the cheapest price but make sure they know what they're doing.

has anyone heard anything about import builders?
maybe ill think about getting their LS/VTEC motor w/o tranny for 3100
shipping included

Import Builders is very reputable, can't go wrong.

Jeff is even a member here, hes the head honcho at IB.

it looks like you have the b18b block already so if you do decide to go ls/vtec here is a list of the following things you will need/may want:
-B series VTEC head (b16 or b18c)
-new b18b head gasket
-fitings to tap the head for oil
-steel braided hose for oil line from head to block
-new timing belt/water pump
(if using a gsr timing belt get a gsr water pump)
-you may want to consider getting a new clutch (up to you)
-you may also want to consider upgrading valve train
-CTR pistons (PCT) work great for high compression in an ls block.

dont i need to get the block drilled for the different head studs or somethin like that? take it too a machine shop?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 12 2004, 03:00 PM
dont i need to get the block drilled for the different head studs or somethin like that? take it too a machine shop?

yes you should take it to the machine shop to get the head worked on. the holes for the dowel pins will need to be made bigger and no the block doesn't need to be drilled. a fitting will need to be installed near the oil filter for the oil line leading to the head.

go here:
LS/VTEC

VTECPOWER Posted: Apr 10 2004, 03:08 PM lol, b18 is a great motor, but remember what i said earlier? look up......... not lookin to be a drag car, DAILY DRIVER, and maybe a lil extra
HellBentHONDA Posted: Apr 10 2004, 03:17 PM but if you think im gonna believe that you wont fix that car to drag race and beat your buddy's... it'll happen. you just may not know it yet

now youre askin bout turbo's lol. that didnt take long... oh yeah

i told ya! :p

lol, im just tryin to get some info on what i wanna do, and i wanna teach some streetracers a lesson for fuckin wit me my friend, and my x gf, o and by the way, that guys gonna get the shit beaten outa him............hehe

i don't street race, just when me n my friend find them this summer, i wanna be able to catch up to them and find out where they live, and beat their asses....also they started fuckin with me my friend and my x gf, they said everytime they saw my x gf driving that they would fuck with her, so me n my friend are gonna take care of it, my x gf called the cops and they went out to where they're street racing, so i hope they got caught and got put in jail!, HAHA, and their cars are GONE.

and y ou think fucking with them back with a fast car is going to solve this?

christ... why do i even bother

Back