Amp hook-up.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khrisb

Is there anyone who can help?
I have a 200 watt 4-channel Memphis amp.
I want to hook it up, but have no clue on how to do it.
Is there anybody that could give me instructions on how to do it?
Maybe a website?
I suck at stereo stuff.

Chris

run a fused power wire
run a ground wire
run a remote wire
run the RCAs
run the speaker wires

To what tho?
I think I might just bring this thing by the stereo shop instead.
I got it in a trade for my 88 civic.
The dude I got it from trades more shit than the pilgrims...

if you really have no clue what to do it would be best to bring it somewhere or find a friend that knows what they are doing and have them help you

Dude, this is so easy.

-Run the power (red) to the battery. Make sure it is fused w/in 12 inches. Attach to B+ of amp.

-Run the ground (black) to a vehicle ground. Just find a screw/bolt and unscrew it and take of the paint under it to the bare metal for a true ground. Attach to B- of amp.

-Run remote lead (blue/white) to the deck's remote turn on. Also run RCA's at the same time, red to red, black to black.

-Run speaker wires to the correct speakers, again + to +, - to -.

-Install fuse and enjoy.

Or if you can't understand a thing I'm saying, like e sol said have someone else do it for you.

:D

Originally posted by xionger1@Aug 7 2003, 05:43 PM
Dude, this is so easy.

-Run the power (red) to the battery. Make sure it is fused w/in 12 inches. Attach to B+ of amp.

-Run the ground (black) to a vehicle ground. Just find a screw/bolt and unscrew it and take of the paint under it to the bare metal for a true ground. Attach to B- of amp.

-Run remote lead (blue/white) to the deck's remote turn on. Also run RCA's at the same time, red to red, black to black.

-Install fuse and enjoy.

Or if you can't understand a thing I'm saying, like e sol said have someone else do it for you.

Huh? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Originally posted by xionger1@Aug 7 2003, 05:43 PM
Dude, this is so easy.

-Install fuse and enjoy.

Not so much, what kind of speakers, are they single or dual voice coil, 2 or 4 ohm??? if u dont know the answer to any of those questions i reccomend u take it to a sterio shop.

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy+Aug 8 2003, 12:56 AM-->
@Aug 7 2003, 05:43 PM
Dude, this is so easy.

-Install fuse and enjoy.

Not so much, what kind of speakers, are they single or dual voice coil, 2 or 4 ohm??? if u dont know the answer to any of those questions i reccomend u take it to a sterio shop.

Huh?
:huh:

ya just pay a shop like an hours labor or half an hours labor. easy, plus if they fuck it up they have to replace it

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Aug 8 2003, 01:14 AM
ya just pay a shop like an hours labor or half an hours labor. easy, plus if they fuck it up they have to replace it

Yes! :thumbsup:
Now that I understand!

b+

hey i have two jvc's 1200watt ea and a pioneer amp i think, i have a b+ next to the gnd (ground) and another one im jsut making sure that the b+ is were i plug the powercable into? and why is it b+ so many other people have like 12v for power lol, thanks

wow....this thread is from 2003. you should start a new thread.....

People should learn to pay attention or just figure out a way to auto lock threads that are x amount of time old.

Back