amp hook up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RiCe RoCcEt

hey, i was wondering if i could hook up 2 amps off the same power cable w/o any problems. thnx in advance

Yes. In fact, go to Walmart and get the Scosche (sp?) wiring amp kit. I saw it today since I'm going to do be doing the same thing.
It's a complete kit for $26 that includes two rca cable sets, 1 4 gauge wire that is like 16ft long, and then there's a power distribution block where you run two 8 gauge wires off from their to the amp. Go check it out. It's about the best deal you can get.

Originally posted by RiCe RoCcEt@Jan 24 2005, 12:25 PM
hey, i was wondering if i could hook up 2 amps off the same power cable w/o any problems. thnx in advance
[post=450561]Quoted post[/post]​

:yes:

Just make sure to use a distribution block and don't be electrical taping two powers together.. And try to use a Relay for the Remote power..

I just bought that kit and have it wired up to my one amp (second amp is on the way). There is actually quite a bit of difference in power. The bigger the wire the better. I can't believe my old 8 gauge kit even held up.

Originally posted by Prowler+Jan 24 2005, 01:40 PM-->
Yes. In fact, go to Walmart and get the Scosche (sp?) wiring amp kit. I saw it today since I'm going to do be doing the same thing.
It's a complete kit for $26 that includes two rca cable sets, 1 4 gauge wire that is like 16ft long, and then there's a power distribution block where you run two 8 gauge wires off from their to the amp. Go check it out. It's about the best deal you can get.
[post=450577]Quoted post[/post]​
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 25 2005, 06:37 PM
Just make sure to use a distribution block and don't be electrical taping two powers together.. And try to use a Relay for the Remote power..
[post=451347]Quoted post[/post]​
:thumbsup:

Prowler
@Jan 30 2005, 03:32 AM
I just bought that kit and have it wired up to my one amp (second amp is on the way). There is actually quite a bit of difference in power. The bigger the wire the better. I can't believe my old 8 gauge kit even held up.
[post=453316]Quoted post[/post]​
Bigger the wire = less resistance.

Back