Amp Pre outs on the SI/EX radio

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
my brother says there's amp pre outs on the SI/EX radio, is there? (he used to own a civic SI too)

if there is all I would need to do is pull it out and tie in my remote and power lines to my radio and hook my amp/sub up without splicing into one of the rear speakers.

The answer is no. Out of the thousands of radios I have removed from cars, I have only seen one factory radio with preamps and it was a Suzuki.

Thanks, I guess I'll be goin deck shopping here really soon.

my next question is, do they sell adapter kits so I don't have to cut and splice wires?

definitely no. And don't even think about getting a speaker level input amp.

and yes, of course they sell adapters. Pretty easy to install also, you should have no issue.

I think I got my game plan worked out.

First a Sony Deck, I found one that would match the black of my car perfect, ti's 226 bucks (cheaper and has more power than my old Pioneer).

Then I'm gonna get a nice 12" (brian remember the name of the sub? I don't.) it was around 200 or so, and a 1200-1500 watt amp to power it (250-310). Then I'm gonna get the thickest power wire possible and throw it all in there. can't forget the harness adaptor and the rest of the wiring kit too though. plus the stereo puller tool...unless i can fab one out of hangers...

I want some bass to go with my highs.

All in all I think I'll spend about $900 or so for the system.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Oct 2 2003, 10:47 PM
there are pre amps on the new 99 and up stock chevy trucks.. we added an amp to our Caddy and it had em!

GM radios do not have preouts either. More than likely somebody tied in to the high level output, but it doesn't have an rca output.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 3 2003, 03:56 AM
I think I got my game plan worked out.

First a Sony Deck, I found one that would match the black of my car perfect, ti's 226 bucks (cheaper and has more power than my old Pioneer).

Then I'm gonna get a nice 12" (brian remember the name of the sub? I don't.) it was around 200 or so, and a 1200-1500 watt amp to power it (250-310). Then I'm gonna get the thickest power wire possible and throw it all in there. can't forget the harness adaptor and the rest of the wiring kit too though. plus the stereo puller tool...unless i can fab one out of hangers...

I want some bass to go with my highs.

All in all I think I'll spend about $900 or so for the system.

Just out of curiosity, but what amp are you getting for 300 dollars ithat is going to put out 1200-1500 watts? If that is the case, its a poor quality amp and wouldn't bother. The signal isn't going to be clean and your 1200-1500 watt amp will sound like a decent quality 50 watt amp.

Like anything else out there, you get what you pay for. a 1200-1500 watt amp for 300 bucjks is most likely going to be garbage and not worth your time and patience to install. If money is the isuue, take a couple of weeks and save up for decent quality. Buy in pieces if you can't buy all at once. Your system will sound like shit if you don't...

this is also if your buying things new. If someone is willing to part with something of any quality cheap, then go for it...... Stay away from Circuit citys and best buys also, while thier quality of products is OK, thats besically also what your going to get.....ok quality sound....

James. you should upgrade the factory speakers first now that i am thinking about it. get all 4 speakers (keep the oem tweeters) replaced with some good quality (not some Best Buy crap) speakers and it should sound pretty good. when i had my 97 Civic EX coupe, i replaced the oem speakers with Sony X-plod 3 way speakers and they sounded hella good and i was using the stock deck to push them.

1200 watt amp for 300 bucks is BS. The general rule is about 1 dollar per watt. of course there are deals and stuff, but usually retail value is about that. For example a JL 500 watt amp is 500+ dollars, 1000 watt - close to a grand. And you dont necessarily need the biggest wire. They go down to 1 guage and probly even lower, and i don't think you need that unless you are pushin like 4000 watts. a good 4 guage Monster Cable will do jsut fine for 2 12's. Also dont forget your Capacitors, they store voltage so that when the bass hits, the power comes from them first, then the cars power system. It helps to keep the bass from fading out when there are long bass tones and stuff.

If there's a Tweeter in your area, go there, they got good shit and the guys actually know what they're talking about.

<_< I don't need absolute top of the line shit, and I'm not spending $3000 on a system for a deck, one amp and one sub.

I just want something that sounds good for a decent price, I don't need prize winning spl here...

Why is a 1200 w amp for 300 so absolutely horrible? 1200w amp with a 1200 w sub no matter what the cost will sound good.

You really don't need to push big numbers to get big bass mang.

A reasonable 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect and a nice 300/1 Mono amp will sound awesome, which is exactly what I will be purchasing very soon.

I know. but I want something more powerful, that isn't a 75x2 watt amp with a 200 watt sub. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it sounded nice, but I want something that will shake my seats but not weigh the rear of the car down.

hell i told James that in myhatch i had a JL 10w3 sub and a JL 250/1 amp and it hit hard and was clean AND it sounded good at any volume. thats what i told him to get.

Back