1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amp question

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by mrnice1058, May 29, 2004.

1. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

ok tell me this my cousin is looking to get a JL audio amp and we where looking it up and we found this
    http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/pdfs/500_1.pdf

now what we don't understand is how is a mono amp have two channels? or are we wrong with this let me know thanks guys

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

its definately a mono amp.

it doesnt have 2 channels. it just has left and right i assume.

i could be wrong. im running a monoblock concept much alike. i can also run a bridged configuration.

3. xionger1

xionger1 Member

it's a monoblock amp.

1 input (on right side of amp) with a preout (left side) to daisy-chain more amps together. kinda like an eq preout. that's all.

nothing really special but these are good amps.

..cx..

4. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

it is a sub amp with two out put for dual subs. the two chanells are the same not left and right

5. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

those are damn good amps. i had the JL 250/1 monoblock amp pushing a JL 10w3 and it pounded. sounded like i had 2 12" speakers in it. i had no noise interefernce and i had as shitty ground to it. but yeah those are damn good amps. i highly suggest those :thumbsup:

6. CarAudiophile

CarAudiophile Senior Member

The JL Amp is one of the Sweetest amps on the Market.. The ablility to do its Output at any impedance is amazing. By that I mean you can run the Amp between 1.5-4 ohm and still get all the power out of the Amp.. Also with its very tightly regulated Power Supply so it doesn't matter what kinda voltage is int he car she will always do the same amount of power. So you don't get a inflated Wattage reading like alot of companies rate their Amps.

We ran a 250/1 with Voltage down all they way from 12.5 then we dropped it down to 10.. It ran right at 262 Watts.. Then we got crazy and ran her down to 9.8 Volts.. Still 262 Watts.. She finally shut off at 9.72 Volts.. We hit it back with 10 Volts and then turned rght back on doing 260 Watts.

They are one of the best Amps on the market and one of the cleanest amps on the market also. Now with it having 4 Outputs basically its 2 Postives and 2 Negatives. So if ya want you can hook up the subs to all channels or else you can do just one side and get the same output at you would hooking all 4 of them up since the amp already is internally Bridged.

But Damn Fine Amps.. I have been selling now since they came out and I love them to death and are doing them in my Daily Driver for some great SQ. Let me know if you have any other questions on this amp.. I can help with this.

7. civicboyz

civicboyz Junior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted