amp to push stroker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need an amp to push my 12 inch stroker but dont have a whole lot to spend can someone tell me a good (somewhat chep) amp to get?

cerwin vega stroker???

i think so. Wow thats old school. You skimp out on the power and you'll end up hurting the sub. try anything above 500watts rms. Like the jl 1000/1 Fosgate,mmatts amps or kicker amps. Theres alot of them out there.

search ebay for Fosgate 800a2 or bigger. Old school fosgate's kick ass.

I have a j/l audio 500/1 amp but its going on ebay for I think $100 now......

Take a picture of that thing, havent seen one of those in prolly 10 years....:)

those things are ugly as sin and the SQ sucks but they do the job they were desinged to do...............Pound.:ph34r: Thats they do.

hey Tuner: pm me a price for that 500/1.

If I remember right the 15" needed a 5cu.ft. box right?

This sub takes some serious power, he needs a big mono amp.

I used a Hifonics amp on my Alpine Type X 12". It was rated at 1200rms. Pounded VERY hard. Decent amp for the price.

I got that one cause of price. I put the whole set up together for $400 excluding wiring. the components are nice, but the subs I'm using are cheap (sony xplod), but I picked up the subs and box for $119 and change. Also, that company does make mono amps. If a deal is to be found, try ebay. I don't mind trying unrecognised brands, and if you're the same way then ebay and google can be your friend. Also try Reviews from Epinions

Boss Audio OL5KD Amp: Mono

If I remember right the 15" needed a 5cu.ft. box right?

Not a good sub. i dont any sub that 'recommends' 5 cubes of air space.

I do know that there are custom boxes and can be tuned using alot of air space for competition but no for a regular system.

Hell my 13w7 didnt take that much room and it moved more are than a 15''

you know i'm not a big hifonics amp but i have heard that they do the job. I personally say get a MMats amp. they are badass. raw uncontrolling power.

Swiss audio is good too

Im not a big hifonics fan myself. I like the old school mmats amps and right now Im running a conecpt audio modded amp (1900rms).

The hifonics i bought for a cheap setup for the yaris and was quite impressed with how well it worked for <$200.

theres a pic of the amp in my fs thread here.
https://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-trade-wanted/car-stereo-lot-sale-106464/

this sub isn't cheap...i cant find one under like $300...and i hooked up an 1800 watt amp and it didn't work and i hooked up a 1000 watt crunch and it wouldn't push it....the guy told me that i need at least a 2000 watts rms amp to push it

this sub isn't cheap...i cant find one under like $300...and i hooked up an 1800 watt amp and it didn't work and i hooked up a 1000 watt crunch and it wouldn't push it....the guy told me that i need at least a 2000 watts rms amp to push it

then your shit is blown son!:eek:

ANY SUB no matter what the max power handling will pound and anything over 500 tru watts. Crunch is garbage IMO but i have seen them sound nice in small setups.

Like i said before go get a reputable audio company like Kicker,Forgate<JL audio and MMatts amps. They will pound and possibly blow you speaker if your not careful.

I just made a call and can get you a Kicker Digital 1250 amp for 600 plus shipping. This amps are expensive as hell and paunding a Kicker SoloX 15'' sub.

LMk i can get you 6 of them:D or 6 Kicker 15's'' at 250 a piece.

and I have the sub and box you need =P you should buy it from me for $350 lol

Back