AMS Road Race Evo 8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dayum. yes, please.

you have an evo, what sort of power are you putting down, if i remember correctly you have just a tune and maybe a dp and exhaust? I've been looking into them more and more for the past few months...

Quoted post[/post]]
dayum. yes, please.

you have an evo, what sort of power are you putting down, if i remember correctly you have just a tune and maybe a dp and exhaust? I've been looking into them more and more for the past few months...
Yup! I have an 05 Evo 8. The new Evo 9's are making as much, if not more power with a flash and turbo back exhaust, than the 8's with cams with custom tune. I have a mail in flash, boost controller and turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat. I'm making 253awhp on a mustang dyno. Stock evo 8's make around 215-220awhp on this dyno.
gallery_106_2_27810.jpg

gallery_106_2_25734.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
dayum. yes, please.

Yup! I have an 05 Evo 8. The new Evo 9's are making as much, if not more power with a flash and turbo back exhaust, than the 8's with cams with custom tune. I have a mail in flash, boost controller and turbo back exhaust with a high flow cat. I'm making 253awhp on a mustang dyno. Stock evo 8's make around 215-220awhp on this dyno.
i was thinkin an 8, maybe a 9 but i dont like the front bumper but its growing on me. Mods i was thinking were hard pipes, dp, cat back, boost controller, mail in tune for 21psi, maybe ported oem mani and o2 housing... :mrgreen: should net around 275awhp in my mind.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
dayum. yes, please.

i was thinkin an 8, maybe a 9 but i dont like the front bumper but its growing on me. Mods i was thinking were hard pipes, dp, cat back, boost controller, mail in tune for 21psi, maybe ported oem mani and o2 housing... :mrgreen: should net around 275awhp in my mind.
That is correct! Although, you don't really need the hardpipes. Also, people have been making very nice gains with the cheapo eBay 02 housing that sells for like $75. Although, nvidia just released a large cast 02 housing that looks pretty stout for $225. I don't think there is much to be gained from the ported exhaust manifold though. I'm using the Dynoflash mail in flash for 21psi which was only $200. All other parts I got were used, I've spent under $1,000 in engine mods which is pretty nice. :)

ive been on evolutionm.net from time to time and ive looked at threads about the best mani, and looking at the tests they have posted, you dont really see too many gains with an aftermarket mani, except quicker spool, someone posted that the ported stock mani gets the most gains... as well as the stock intake lol. i was just mainly thinking of allowing the engine to breathe better, hence the hard pipes. Ill be looking to buy a car this time next year.

i like the RSR exmag exhaust, but their dp eliminates the cat... so id look for a helix or tanabe dp, if i were to get an aftermarket o2, im jsut afraid things wont line up, as some ppl have posted about stuff not being exactly right.

i usually dont like those type of wheels he has on that car, but they compliment the car really well.

The paint looks like shit. The wheel looks stupid.

Not a fan of the rims.

Back