an article that i read

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adidas_man

Honorary Honda Driver
Well I went home this past week for my little brothers confirmation. While i was hanging out at my parents house i was in my brothers room playin his xbox, and seen the recent school paper. So i decided to flip through it and see if anything interesting was in it. This is what i found.

McClouds's Honda Civic Si Deemed car of issue
Ryan Hart
Staff Writer

Senior Terrance McCloud owns a championship white Honda Civic Hatchback SI. He received it in the beginning of last summer when it was still a shell and not running, but got it running again in August. He bought it from a friend with his own money and did almost all the work on it himself.

"It wasn't like that when i bought it. I did it all myself!" said McCloud.

"I like his car because he put work into it. He's not riding around in other people work," said sophomore Tahani Leon-Guerrero.

Since then, Terrance has had a need for speed. He has at least seven or eight tickets, and all for speeding.

"Speeding is fun until you get caught," says McCloud.

Right now, his V-Tech is not working and his tires are bald, because of spinning out too much. His car also does not have air conditioning or power steering to increase horsepower, and does not carry airbags for weight reductions.

McCloud's car holds a few very special components, such as his $800 steering wheel that came straight from japan and a carbon fiber hood.

His car is sponsored by Sport Compact Pro. They called him one day after seeing his vehicle on the internet and asked if he wanted to join their team. Now he attends many shows and represents the company.

His current goals with his car are to get a "lip" for it and continue to win shows.

Now let me tell you about what I know about this car. It's not an SI, it's a CX. it has the stock motor in it, with an intake and muffler. i think he has coilovers, but not sure because the car bounces a lot riding down the street so he might have cut springs. As for the $800 steering wheel, don't ask me where he got ripped off on that one because to me it looks like a knock off sparco. the only thing that i can find good about this car besides being a hatch, is the hood and duckbill wing. anywayz, i thought i'd share this with you guyz, just to let you know that even in the little town of Junction City, KS. there is rice that is claiming to be more than rice.

PS: i wish i had away of scanning the picture out of the paper and showing the car. Also, the caption for the picture reads " Senior Terrance McCloud struts his Civic SiR2

he claims his car is online somewhere so i'm gonna try to find it and post up pics.

We need to organize assemblies for highschools like that... Maybe even just for all the people in intro to tech and auto shop. Show them some real cars... Kill the rice bug early in the youth of america!

^^^^ that desperately needs to be done. my cousin who was a freshmen in hs at the time asked me how many more mphs my car would go after i put a turbo on.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Apr 18 2005, 01:43 PM
We need to organize assemblies for highschools like that... Maybe even just for all the people in intro to tech and auto shop. Show them some real cars... Kill the rice bug early in the youth of america!
[post=488342]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah that would be the right thing to do, but then some of them still won't get it. so they'll still go out and buy a honda, or another import because they watched the fast and the furious 1 and 2, and still do the exact same things they do now.

You should write a letter to the editor explaining everything wrong with that article. It'd probably get printed too.

Originally posted by ludegirl@Apr 18 2005, 11:59 PM
You should write a letter to the editor explaining everything wrong with that article. It'd probably get printed too.
[post=488563]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be funny as hell :lol: :lol:

I had a student today rag on my civic because it didn't have the neon pedals, momo shift knob, Aluminum mats screwed to the ground with drywall screws through the floor board and light up winsheild washer squirters. My car isn't much but I sure as hell didn't drop loads of cash on look fast parts. I am also sick of hearing "wanna race?" or "how fast does it go?" I would love to get these kids out to an autox event and see what they do.

Back