And awesome wiring gurus out there?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm tying the rest of a haltech e6x system to my 95' gsr motor and I'm kinda stumped on what the heck the idle air valve does. If someone could tell me how it works, or better yet, someone who has a haltech tell me what wires go where I'd greatly appreciate it :blink: . I think I have a good idea, but I just want to play dumb so I don't look so stupid if I'm wrong. :p
Lastly, if anyone knows how an alternator is wired to a car I'd greatly appreciate a few words on that also . Apparently the haltech doesn't control the alternator so I'm guessing I leave the wht/grn and wht/red wires disconnected. I'm also guessing that the white wire will go directly to the battery, the blk/yel is going to be fused and switched with the ignition and the last 2 wires I don't know what to do with, I'm guessing I can leave those disconnected?!?
When I get done with this project I will post a summary and tutorial on how to wire a haltech with some pics of my car. Its an 89' crx thats been my project for the last 2 years, and everday I think about driving this car for the first time...

Back