And so, begins a new era of performance...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't have snows or studs yet because winter caught me with my pants down, like the rest of the town, so I decided to head up past Hood rather than going over to Salem. It wasn't bad. A few patches- maybe a mile or so- and that was it. Yeah, no shit about just in time! I woke up this morning and before I even looked out the window, I'm thinking, "smells like snow..." I didn't know 8" though between now and tomorrow. Sweeeeeeeeeet. :-D

Anyway, you're welcome to stop by and check it out and shoot the shit if you want. IM me for my #.

looks to be a unique project car. Good luck

new era of performance.. very ironic :D. Bet no one thought of turbo hondas back in the 70's... sounds like you have your hands full with some fabrication.. best of luck man...

good luck :thumbsup:

i don'tknow how that thing will handle high speeds tho...with such a short wheel base.

BTW page 2 :owned:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 2 2003, 06:23 PM
how on earth did you figure out MK1 GTI suspension fits?

I was thinking that too

that is fucking sweet. any idea ofwhat kind of HP that this boosted 12xx cc engine is going to put out?

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Nov 2 2003, 10:00 PM
new era of performance.. very ironic :D. Bet no one thought of turbo hondas back in the 70's... sounds like you have your hands full with some fabrication.. best of luck man...

Thats because nothing except for the porsche 911 turbo was turboed. It was a new technology at the time.

I like it. It's light, looks nice, and has alot of potential. Please say that your going to paint her a british racing green?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 2 2003, 09:55 PM

Thats because nothing except for the porsche 911 turbo was turboed. It was a new technology at the time.

I like it. It's light, looks nice, and has alot of potential. Please say that your going to paint her a british racing green?

lol... WHAAAAAT???? Dude, Mercedes was successfully turbocharging engines back in the`20's! New technology... Turbines have been around longer than piston engines!

Color: Red. Reason: The 4 year old daughter of the guy whom I got it from was sad to see it go. She cried. To make her feel better, I asked her what color she wanted me to paint it. She said red. Red it is.

How I figured out that MK1 GTi shocks fit: I can't say. Top secret 1200 technology.

Boosted HP rating of the 1237cc engine: At least 160 HP and 160 ft lbs. of torque when I'm done.

Originally posted by CRX_B16B@Nov 2 2003, 10:11 PM
Daimler made the first production turbo car in 1921. ;) read this will explain all :blink:

Holy Nazi German batman!

Bet no one thought of turbo hondas back in the 70's

actually Honda did.... it was called a Honda City I think...maybe metro...hell, I can't remember.

Some guy in Australia bought them ALL--a whole warehouse full--when they stopped making them. Had the idea of making a racing series with them. Unfortunately, no Aussies wanted them.

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 3 2003, 01:45 AM
Bet no one thought of turbo hondas back in the 70's

actually Honda did.... it was called a Honda City I think...maybe metro...hell, I can't remember.

Some guy in Australia bought them ALL--a whole warehouse full--when they stopped making them. Had the idea of making a racing series with them. Unfortunately, no Aussies wanted them.

I think the first city turbo was released in 81.. not positive though.

i don'tknow how that thing will handle high speeds tho...with such a short wheel base.

say it with me.. m-i-n-i c-o-o-p-e-r
practicaly owned road racing in the 60's

I think the first city turbo was released in 81

yeah...I think you're right

here are a few pix from google

nm14.jpg

ugly ain't it?
engine-side.jpg

vroom, vroom
7.jpg

4-small.jpg

Back