and you all made fun of me for my

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1064136

wNjU4NzY1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

i thought it was funny when he said

"car has only seen 28psi" only, pshhh

very badass car, not really feelin the tach though

not to make fun of you or the other guy, or even Ji...who turned you onto getting the gauges set like that...but yes...setting them like that is helpfull for a quik glance monitoring purpose...but it is still not right.....

example....

Let me go out and rotate all the guages in all the planes I worked on, and the helicopters I build now.......I would get shot, and if I survive...I'd lose my licence.

Why....because real racers, real pilots, and real drivers are trained to read gauges...and some can read them faster than you can. by rotating your 3-4 guages to point the arm strait up...and they can read about 30 guages before you sit back and realize what the hell your looking at.

If you know what gauge your looking at, what it is for and you know what to look for...then a simple glance at it in the normal position will register in your head faster than if you have the guage upside down, you still know what it is for, and you know where it is....but the mental effort to see that it is not pointing in the right direction and the numbers are way off...will slow down your actual re-action time needed to think about what you have to do if the gauge is off...or out of the preset limits.

In a drag car...sure...I can see that setup working...but honestly....by the time to launch and your already down the strip...you will have only looked at one guage....and thats the speedometer. For normal driving around the street...its a bad idea to even have to have that extra though for deciphering the gauge...exspeacially if your going thru an intersection...that one or two little milliseconds that your brain has to think could be 1 or two milliseconds that you could have pressed the brake if a car jumped out infront of you. Too many toys are things to distract you in the car is bad...very bad.

And how do I know that...well..one of the accidents that I had was from one of those toys. In Japan...people park anywhere...even on the side of the busy roads. I just turned the corner, got on a major road, everything looked fine and clear, and then I reached over to hit the reset on the trip clock mounted on the dash abouve the sterio in my old Bluebird. I wanted to see how far my new GF's house is from my base. As soon as it blinked to zero I glance up, and out of nowhere was this damn K-car parked almost in the middle of the lane....I didn't stop in time and I destroy my car and his car. Many factors figuared into that accident...driving in a new country, learning the new road signs, lerning to drive on the right hand side of the car, on the lefthand side of the road, and playing with a car trip computer, and thinking about how I was going to get laid that night. If I never touched that computer...I would have one less accident on my list of many wrecks.

but don't listen to me....nah...

but how many real pilots do you know that modify the cockpit of the plane to suit their simplicity to fly the plane before they fly....ZERO. Why...cause they go thru a lot of training and have to know their gauges as their lifes depend on it...and the lives of 2-300 people in the back of the plane.

So why are they upside down again?

<<<n00b, has no guages other than stock spedometer and stock tach.

an air plane also has a MUCH larger cockpit than the dash of a del sol does....

more so, its set up for me- not for a generic or universal system.

and even more so, they car is parted out, and they are in a box :D

reason i had them that way, n00b, :D was because the visual range of the usuable part of the gauge was easier to read that way.

reason i had them that way, n00b, biggrin.gif was because the visual range of the usuable part of the gauge was easier to read that way.

:rolleyes:

Talk as much shit as you want, but take a stroll through the paddock of any racing series where they don't have fully digital dashes, and 95% of them will be clocked so that 12 o'clock is nominal. I don't give a shit how fast some pilot can read his gauges, I can see in my peripheral vision that all is well without taking my eyes off anything else. And a wreck because you were fucking around with a trip computer? How is that even relevant to this discussion?

Originally posted by nfn15037@Nov 29 2004, 06:19 PM
Talk as much shit as you want, but take a stroll through the paddock of any racing series where they don't have fully digital dashes, and 95% of them will be clocked so that 12 o'clock is nominal. I don't give a shit how fast some pilot can read his gauges, I can see in my peripheral vision that all is well without taking my eyes off anything else. And a wreck because you were fucking around with a trip computer? How is that even relevant to this discussion?
[post=423770]Quoted post[/post]​

Hooo boy...when your doing 8 sec runs...are you really worried if your alt is popping 15 amps...no...

14 sec car, 18 sec cars, and 6 sec cars only need a few things...and if you read what I said...then you would kinda figuar out what I was getting at...

n a drag car...sure...I can see that setup working...but honestly....by the time to launch and your already down the strip...you will have only looked at one guage....and thats the speedometer.

Keep It Simple Stupid....KISS..cars that is.

B's car was set up for drag, a fun drive around town, and possible a DD...if it was ever completed. Yes it is his car, he can do what he wants with it. But I'd rather see him the next time we have a meet, and in-car toys only distracts your human mind. Hince the story...which is true, and if most of these kids want to read, and learn from my mistakes and it helps them think about it a little more and they save their car from a near accident...then I feel I have do something good. IF you don't like the story..don't read it. Most of the toys now days i cars range from all the neat little control boxes for tuning and adjusting purposes...and I can't wait till someone says in public that they hit a car or had an accident because they was trying to adjust their fuel maps while driving around the block. They won't say it cause they are to ashamed to admit it on a public forum.
I like B, and I would hate to see something like that happen to him or anyone who reads the post.

Drag cars and daily drivers are completely different. Just the way they are set up. Sure..."Clocking the gauges" is cool and great for a drag car, but not your daily driver. Time and attention behind the wheel on the streets is very important...why mess up with your natural thinking process while reading a gauge in your car, and cause that extra thinking time to elapse and then your in another world while your trying to look, re-read, and ponder what the gauge was reading while your going down the road. Ever notice why cell phones while driving is kind of illegal in some states now...hrmmm...well the hands off ones arnt..but still people get maimed and in the hospital because Joe Blow had to call his GF while driving on a busy road...Attention to daily driving is my main point.

And also...why the hostility all of a sudden dude....lay off. You don't even know me, and you only met me once, and I didn't even talk to you. Sorry your GF has influenced you to hate me, but you don't even really know me..so lay off...no more drama is needed.

And also...that Tach is not even properly "Clocked" :lol:

wow that thing looks all show no go huh? Fuckin ricers and their twisted gauges

:p

Originally posted by Airjockie+Nov 29 2004, 06:49 PM-->
@Nov 29 2004, 06:19 PM
[post=423770]Quoted post[/post]​

Hooo boy...when your doing 8 sec runs...are you really worried if your alt is popping 15 amps...no...

14 sec car, 18 sec cars, and 6 sec cars only need a few things...and if you read what I said...then you would kinda figuar out what I was getting at...

n a drag car...sure...I can see that setup working...but honestly....by the time to launch and your already down the strip...you will have only looked at one guage....and thats the speedometer.

Keep It Simple Stupid....KISS..cars that is.

B's car was set up for drag, a fun drive around town, and possible a DD...if it was ever completed. Yes it is his car, he can do what he wants with it. But I'd rather see him the next time we have a meet, and in-car toys only distracts your human mind. Hince the story...which is true, and if most of these kids want to read, and learn from my mistakes and it helps them think about it a little more and they save their car from a near accident...then I feel I have do something good. IF you don't like the story..don't read it. Most of the toys now days i cars range from all the neat little control boxes for tuning and adjusting purposes...and I can't wait till someone says in public that they hit a car or had an accident because they was trying to adjust their fuel maps while driving around the block. They won't say it cause they are to ashamed to admit it on a public forum.
I like B, and I would hate to see something like that happen to him or anyone who reads the post.

Drag cars and daily drivers are completely different. Just the way they are set up. Sure..."Clocking the gauges" is cool and great for a drag car, but not your daily driver. Time and attention behind the wheel on the streets is very important...why mess up with your natural thinking process while reading a gauge in your car, and cause that extra thinking time to elapse and then your in another world while your trying to look, re-read, and ponder what the gauge was reading while your going down the road. Ever notice why cell phones while driving is kind of illegal in some states now...hrmmm...well the hands off ones arnt..but still people get maimed and in the hospital because Joe Blow had to call his GF while driving on a busy road...Attention to daily driving is my main point.

And also...why the hostility all of a sudden dude....lay off. You don't even know me, and you only met me once, and I didn't even talk to you. Sorry your GF has influenced you to hate me, but you don't even really know me..so lay off...no more drama is needed.

And also...that Tach is not even properly "Clocked" :lol:
[post=423791]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't hate you, I have no problem with you and nobody influences me to hate anyone. I was merely pointing out the fact that you are incorrect in your assumption that clocking gauges is somehow not good or incorrect or somehow takes longer than normal gauges. In my opinion, it takes less time to glance at a row of gauges, see them all at noon, and be done with it. No reading or processing of numbers. Hmm, that gauge reads 235*...or hmm that gauge is straight up where it should be, you tell me which one takes less time. I was referring to road racing cars in my previous post. I don't really care about drag racing, but like I said, on the street or on the track, I would much rather see a gauge at 12 o'clock out of the corner of my eye and know it is right rahter than reading and processing a number off a gauge and in the process taking my eyes off the road or track. But to each his own.....

Back