Android?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looks like I'm gonne be looking at a incredibe2 or Iphone4.

I'm not the hacker type so as long as it has minimal freezing and problems I'm good to go. I've heard crazy stories on the newer droids and am getting kind of scared of it. I'm currently having problems with my OG with the screen randomly operating itself....literally it will start typing and pulling up random apps. Because of that I'll have 20 apps running without me knowing and have to kill them when I check it (every 10 min)
Right now due to the size, weight and styling I'm leaning towards the iphone.

ive got the incredible 2
its been a great phone so far
definitely faster than my friends ip4s
before the 2.3 update the battery life was a bit lacking... but since it isnt bad at all
i do wish the speaker was louder on it though... or at least in a better location... the rear speaker kinda sucks for watching a video... it can be hard to hear when there is a bunch of background noise
other than the speaker i give it a solid thumbs up

Last edited:
thanks E. That's a great review and will definitly be going to store to try it out.

2 of my co-workers have the Ip4 and love it. I've had the OG droid for almost 2 years and am just used to the operating sytem and how it works.

we shall see.

Droid Incredible with CM7. I forgot what kernal but using SetCPU:

Battery life is EXCELLENT! I average ~1.5-days with normal use, and can get 2-3days with minimal use.

I've got the htc thunderbolt. Good phone. 32 gigs memory. 8mp camera. 4g. Quick internet. Do pretty much whatever I want on it. Good service. Has Verizon.

I've got an incredible that is rooted. I also have all updates turned off so no plans on going to the new gingerbread. If you do go forward, you cannot go back or root your phone until they come out with the new root for it.

For now I'll keep my old perfectly running OS and tether my Ipad to it whenever I feel like it. =)

It's actually possible to go back; just flash the old rom. ie: to unroot it, you'd just wipe and flash an OEM rom. The key is really just making sure you wipe.

Gotta turn off updates since Verizon won't stop bugging you with the ota update. I'm at the inlaws with no Internet I love my rooted phone and android phone. Everyone speaks Vietnamese so.... Internet it is.

Are you using the stock ROM? When I had Virtuous and currently CM7, I never had any OTA notifications.

ghey

android ftw!

yes and I'll be putting both MAC sticker on my WRX :rimshot:

seriously though, I just wanted a change from the Android. none of the newer ones felt "new" to me.

I vote for android due to the possibilities that you guys use it for but for simple ole' me the iphone is nice. :)

2_android-eats-apple-nomnom-300x300.png

Back