:angry: No ECU with ZC swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

My new ZC motor came with Longblock, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifold, Injectors, Fuel Rail, Throttle body, Alternator and Distributor. I'll be dropin it into my '91 Civic DX. My question is what should I do for an ECU? My options seem to be hondata or a rechip. Is it possible to go about it this way, or do I need the ZC computer?
thanx~
~timE

Im buying it from Hmotors. Their SOHC ZC comes with an ECU whereas the Dual overhead does'nt

You can use a PM6(89-90 Civic/crx si), PM7(ZC), PG7(integra Has to be 90-91) ECU all three of these will work the best one is the Pm7(Zc), Then the PG7 is the next best thing better air and fuel curve and higher rev limiter then the PM6 but it does work

1990 Civic Hb
1990 DOHC ZC
PM6
AEM cold air intake
full cat back exhaust.
3 Inch drop
16s for race and 17s show

Originally posted by timEspeed@Aug 27 2003, 08:40 AM
My new ZC motor came with Longblock, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifold, Injectors, Fuel Rail, Throttle body, Alternator and Distributor. I'll be dropin it into my '91 Civic DX. My question is what should I do for an ECU? My options seem to be hondata or a rechip. Is it possible to go about it this way, or do I need the ZC computer?
thanx~
~timE

i got my old ZC ecu sitting on my shelf.
8500 redline if my memory serves me correct...
lemme know if interested.

Originally posted by importracer90si@Aug 27 2003, 05:53 PM
You can use a PM6(89-90 Civic/crx si), PM7(ZC), PG7(integra Has to be 90-91) ECU all three of these will work the best one is the Pm7(Zc), Then the PG7 is the next best thing better air and fuel curve and higher rev limiter then the PM6 but it does work

1990 Civic Hb
1990 DOHC ZC
PM6
AEM cold air intake
full cat back exhaust.
3 Inch drop
16s for race and 17s show

More like 88-89 Integra pg7, 88-91 pm6, preferably the 90-91 if you want to chip it.

Is the PG7 'plug and play' or are mods. necessary?

(sohcslammer Posted on Aug 27 2003, 04:38 PM )
  Nice avatar/name. 

thanx bro.

As long as you do the mpfi fuel injection swap, the pg7 will be a direct swap. You will have to do the mpfi swap to run 4 fuel injectors, no matter which ecu you use (unless you keep the dx fuel injection which you would use the pm5 and it would be totally usless to use this fuel injection)

Allright, Hmotors let me buy the ZC ecu seperately. 150 bucks, probably the same a junkyard would charge for a high miles teg ECU. Thanx alot guys, you really helped.
ZC longblock: 525
ZC ECU: 150
SIR Gauge Face: 150
Shipping: 250
I still need to buy water pump, timing belt, head gasket, wiring, etc.
Who knew a damn ZC swap would cost $1500?
~timE

P.S. : Im sure I'll be back on the board when I cant figure out whats wrong

HEY TONYD0821 HOW MUCH FOR THE ZC ECU? WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Back